Talk

Advanced search

Help me to stop treating myself with food

(6 Posts)
Mrsmulder Sun 20-Mar-16 22:41:42

I am about to start slimming world again! I have failed several times before on several different diets. I just can't seem to stick to anything. My pitfalls are failing to plan but I have now roped dh into this so the planning doesn't always fall to me (he has also agreed to follow the plan to help me out) the other pitfall is if I am tired/ stressed/ happy etc etc I 'treat' myself to food. Usually chocolate or cake ect. I find it really difficult to break this habit so I am trying to think of ideas I can put in place to do something other than eat when I feel like this (which is a lot)

So far I have thought of 1/2 hour reading on my own in peace (I have 2 young dc's tho so this can only be done if dh is in)

Anyone have any other ideas?

KanyesVest Sun 20-Mar-16 22:54:15

More of a distraction than treat, but I'm teaching myself how to knit again so I can't use my hands for food.

Mrsmulder Mon 21-Mar-16 09:47:53

Thanks, that is a good idea. I did take up knitting a while back (very basic form) so have needles and wool already. What are you using to teach yourself?

doodlejump1980 Mon 21-Mar-16 10:00:22

I have a sign on my food cupboard that says "do not reward yourself with food. You are not a dog" It helps me!

Mrsmulder Mon 21-Mar-16 10:30:29

That's a good one doodle. I have just bought a meal planner that goes on the fridge to try and keep me on track. I am also going to change my screensaver pic to one where i was 2 stone lighter as a motivator! I have started and given up so many times. I am now worrying I won't stick to it at the start sad

KanyesVest Mon 21-Mar-16 13:49:12

I'm just doing basic things like a tea cosy. I've a million mikes or so of wool, so I just pick free patterns on ravelry and try them out.

I like your sign doodle, I might have to use that too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now