Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Struggling to lose weight - underactive thyroid

(2 Posts)
cjt110 Thu 17-Mar-16 09:29:07

I gained 7lbs whilst pregnant with my son, and another 7lbs after he was born. Was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid in January 2015 (4months post partum) and no matter what I have tried, I cannot shift any weight. I tried slimming world and lost approx 5lbs but then plateaued for a long time. I then have put this weight back on over Christmas. Joined weight watchers in Feb and cannot seem to shift any weight and if I do, it goes back on the following week.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions? We are due to go away in the summer and I know I will feel very uncomfortable and self conscious with my current figure because of my weight gain.

ClarenceTheLion Sat 19-Mar-16 01:37:57

I found it impossible to lose weight until my medication was at an optimal level. Actually, I needed to stop taking Levo altogether and take T3 instead! Perhaps you could ask your GP about increasing your medication? If you still feel fatigued you are possibly undermedicated.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now