Talk

Advanced search

Need a diet

(3 Posts)
MERLYPUSSEDOFF Mon 14-Mar-16 10:24:18

Can you guys help me out?

I need to lose weight - pref a stone +

I have OH (who is meat and carb obsessed) and DTs 8yrs. They will eat anything.

I don't want to eliminate anything from the boy's diets but I want cooking to be as easy as possible, no separate meals for me.

I eat all fruit and veg, love carbs, don't drink alcohol (can do without), cook from scratch a lot, dont eat eggs, probably dont drink enough water.

I am getting over a bad cold and have felt fuller on smaller portions so could this be the way ?

I am in a rut and need a sustainable way of dropping the flab slowly. I wont keep up exercise other than dog walking and am too self conscious to go to classes.

Good luck

OP’s posts: |
ErnesttheBavarian Mon 14-Mar-16 10:53:15

I'm doing the Michael Mosely Blood sugar diet. You could make the same meals for your family and just drop the carbs for yours?

I find it easy, and I am old and have an underachieve thyroid. I have lost 2 kilos in 3 weeks, but tbh I don't have that much to lose so it's slower.

My dog walking is also my main form of exercise. I am planning on turning 3 of her Wlks/runs into jogs for me.

I have Sunday off. It works for me.

there is a web site and a book for the Blood sugar diet, it was also serialised in the Daily Mail I think. And there is a thread on it, so you could come over and get support too and find out more about it.

RunnerOnTheRun Mon 14-Mar-16 21:04:59

You don't need a diet, you already know what to do :-) Cut the junk, cull the processed rubbish, up the water, up the greens, and walk a bit faster with the dog!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in