Need a diet

(3 Posts)
MERLYPUSSEDOFF Mon 14-Mar-16 10:24:18

Can you guys help me out?

I need to lose weight - pref a stone +

I have OH (who is meat and carb obsessed) and DTs 8yrs. They will eat anything.

I don't want to eliminate anything from the boy's diets but I want cooking to be as easy as possible, no separate meals for me.

I eat all fruit and veg, love carbs, don't drink alcohol (can do without), cook from scratch a lot, dont eat eggs, probably dont drink enough water.

I am getting over a bad cold and have felt fuller on smaller portions so could this be the way ?

I am in a rut and need a sustainable way of dropping the flab slowly. I wont keep up exercise other than dog walking and am too self conscious to go to classes.

Good luck

ErnesttheBavarian Mon 14-Mar-16 10:53:15

I'm doing the Michael Mosely Blood sugar diet. You could make the same meals for your family and just drop the carbs for yours?

I find it easy, and I am old and have an underachieve thyroid. I have lost 2 kilos in 3 weeks, but tbh I don't have that much to lose so it's slower.

My dog walking is also my main form of exercise. I am planning on turning 3 of her Wlks/runs into jogs for me.

I have Sunday off. It works for me.

there is a web site and a book for the Blood sugar diet, it was also serialised in the Daily Mail I think. And there is a thread on it, so you could come over and get support too and find out more about it.

RunnerOnTheRun Mon 14-Mar-16 21:04:59

You don't need a diet, you already know what to do :-) Cut the junk, cull the processed rubbish, up the water, up the greens, and walk a bit faster with the dog!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now