Talk

Advanced search

Please help! 30DS - breastfeeding and no weight loss?

(7 Posts)
blueheel Mon 29-Feb-16 10:59:57

I have a 12 week old baby, and am anxious to shed the baby weight. Pre pregnancy, I was 10 stone 2, but ideally, I would like to get down to 9.5 stone.

Since the beginning of January, I have been stuck at around 11 stone, give or take a couple of pounds. My diet is good. I've been doing the 30 day shred for the last 4 weeks, 4-5 times a week, and have been making an effort to cut right back on non healthy snacks.

My problem is that I am not seeing any difference at all with my weight- the scales are stuck at around 11 stone. My strength is definitely better as a result of the exercise, but I'd really like to start seeing some results as I'm beginning to get disheartened!

Could this be linked to my breastfeeding? I've read somewhere that your body can hold on to fat for longer while you are breastfeeding, but surely I should be seeing SOME changes by now...

How long did it take others to see weight loss results on 30DS and/or when breastfeeding?

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 29-Feb-16 11:23:10

Same thing happened to me. While breastfeeding and on Mat leave I was walking everywhere so getting plenty of exercise but didn't lose any weight at all.

When I stopped breastfeeding I found it much easier to lose weight.

blueheel Mon 29-Feb-16 12:09:58

Phew! There might be some truth in your body keeping hold of some "reserves" while breastfeeding then. Fingers crossed...!

Itscurtainsforyou Mon 29-Feb-16 13:23:32

Hope so!
I've stopped expressing/breastfeeding today so am hopeful the same will happen again...

blueheel Mon 29-Feb-16 16:15:27

Good luck!

GBBO15 Mon 29-Feb-16 17:15:23

Same here OP. Baby is 7 months now and have lost 16 lb so far but it's been slooooooooow! And still almost 2 stone to go. It's my first so I don't know what'll happen with me but my sister assures me she lost weight really quickly each time she finished BF. BTW, I'm on the Anything Goes 2016 weight loss thread of you want to join us for company smile

blueheel Mon 29-Feb-16 21:07:52

Thanks! I might do that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now