Talk

Advanced search

Does anyone else have an all or nothing relationship with carbs?

(6 Posts)
TickledOnion Sat 20-Feb-16 23:29:13

I've noticed that when I start eating crap I can't stop. Today I've eaten 2 bowls of cereal, 2 muffins, a cheese toasty, 2 Lindt eggs, 2 packs of crisps, DCs leftover pasta and a huge portion of couscous leftover from last night.
But I don't even like the crap I eat when I'm binging.

I actually really like healthy food. I love roasted veg and homemade fish or veg curry (without rice). I do a delicious grilled chicken schwarma and all sorts of other tasty stuff. So why do I eat all this crap? And how do I stop?

Just wondering if anyone else is the same.

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sat 20-Feb-16 23:30:47

Yes me!!!!

I have no idea why I do this. I'm bloated and in pain when I eat bread/wheat/sugar and feel fab when I'm low carbing

VimFuego101 Sat 20-Feb-16 23:31:49

Yup! It's best for me to just not eat carbs at all.

TickledOnion Sat 20-Feb-16 23:50:01

I've never really thought that carbs are a bad thing in moderation. I just don't know how to do the moderation bit.

TheWoodenSpoonOfMischief Sun 21-Feb-16 08:31:32

Yes me but I've realised it's actually wheat not carbs. I've not eaten wheat for 3 weeks now and I'm amazed. No bingeing. No over eating. I can eat like a normal person but I don't think I can ever eat bread again. Sob.

TickledOnion Sun 21-Feb-16 08:38:07

That is sad woodenspoon.
I think writing it down last night helped. I've eaten yogurt and muesli this morning which usually keeps me going for a while

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now