Talk

Advanced search

The 'just bloody get on with it thread!'

(8 Posts)
Iammostseriouslydispleased Sun 24-Jan-16 20:45:09

I had been doing really well the first few weeks of this year. I have had a lapse the last few days and I am more determined than ever to stick with it. I need to just bloody get on with it and stop making excuses and whinging. This includes walking more, and not snacking, and going to the gym and anything else.

I am currently 14 st 9 - I know I could have done better than this by now. S this is onwards and upwards. Weighing tomorrow!

Do feel free to join me if you are also a faffer!

Nellii Mon 25-Jan-16 00:40:34

I will join you Iammostseriouslydispleased !! I have lost nearly 2 stone last year which is great but have been dillying and dallying the last month and not really getting anywhere. I think what I have lost is my initial motivation. I didn't even overeat at Christmas nor go mad on all the usual Christmas treats. I didn't gain any weight which is good but need to get it moving down the scale again now!!

Whats your plan Iam?

superbfairywren Mon 25-Jan-16 14:44:32

Me too! Attempted to shift baby weight last year and slowly managed to lose nearly 10kg but have put a kilo on in January alone and need to get the hell on with it as I've loads to lose still! I aim to stop making excuses, eat less and much healthier and be gorgeous by the summer!

Iammostseriouslydispleased Wed 27-Jan-16 00:15:11

Great! All very good reasons.

I am doing a combination of WW and 4:3.

I am trying to break habits of a life time - hence just bloody get on with it.

Just because I stumble - doesn't mean I need to give up entirely (not had the best of weeks)

So - went to the gym today and it is a fasting day tomorrow.

How are you doing?

Jezebel555 Wed 27-Jan-16 00:26:21

I will join this thread!
I joined slimming world again three weeks ago and just haven't put the effort in.
I am going tomorrow - restarting my progress and bloody sticking to it!

Nellii Wed 27-Jan-16 01:06:22

I eat paleo but need to cut out the treats to start losing again.

Jezebel555 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:37:56

Weighed in today and was adamant I'd have gained but I maintained my weight which means I'm obviously doing better than I thought!
Aiming for 4lb off this week then I'm in the next stone bracket smile

Iammostseriouslydispleased Thu 28-Jan-16 23:53:19

Well done Jezebel - I think I have maintained or lost to!

I know what you mean too about the next stone bracket - I am hoping to be there by the end of Feb!

Keep on bloody getting on with it as the week lags! Tomorrow is cake Friday at work so I need to be strong.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: