Talk

Advanced search

The 'just bloody get on with it thread!'

(8 Posts)
Iammostseriouslydispleased Sun 24-Jan-16 20:45:09

I had been doing really well the first few weeks of this year. I have had a lapse the last few days and I am more determined than ever to stick with it. I need to just bloody get on with it and stop making excuses and whinging. This includes walking more, and not snacking, and going to the gym and anything else.

I am currently 14 st 9 - I know I could have done better than this by now. S this is onwards and upwards. Weighing tomorrow!

Do feel free to join me if you are also a faffer!

Nellii Mon 25-Jan-16 00:40:34

I will join you Iammostseriouslydispleased !! I have lost nearly 2 stone last year which is great but have been dillying and dallying the last month and not really getting anywhere. I think what I have lost is my initial motivation. I didn't even overeat at Christmas nor go mad on all the usual Christmas treats. I didn't gain any weight which is good but need to get it moving down the scale again now!!

Whats your plan Iam?

superbfairywren Mon 25-Jan-16 14:44:32

Me too! Attempted to shift baby weight last year and slowly managed to lose nearly 10kg but have put a kilo on in January alone and need to get the hell on with it as I've loads to lose still! I aim to stop making excuses, eat less and much healthier and be gorgeous by the summer!

Iammostseriouslydispleased Wed 27-Jan-16 00:15:11

Great! All very good reasons.

I am doing a combination of WW and 4:3.

I am trying to break habits of a life time - hence just bloody get on with it.

Just because I stumble - doesn't mean I need to give up entirely (not had the best of weeks)

So - went to the gym today and it is a fasting day tomorrow.

How are you doing?

Jezebel555 Wed 27-Jan-16 00:26:21

I will join this thread!
I joined slimming world again three weeks ago and just haven't put the effort in.
I am going tomorrow - restarting my progress and bloody sticking to it!

Nellii Wed 27-Jan-16 01:06:22

I eat paleo but need to cut out the treats to start losing again.

Jezebel555 Wed 27-Jan-16 18:37:56

Weighed in today and was adamant I'd have gained but I maintained my weight which means I'm obviously doing better than I thought!
Aiming for 4lb off this week then I'm in the next stone bracket smile

Iammostseriouslydispleased Thu 28-Jan-16 23:53:19

Well done Jezebel - I think I have maintained or lost to!

I know what you mean too about the next stone bracket - I am hoping to be there by the end of Feb!

Keep on bloody getting on with it as the week lags! Tomorrow is cake Friday at work so I need to be strong.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now