Need to lose a chunk of weight in 5 weeks

(6 Posts)
Floppityflop Sun 17-Jan-16 10:36:27

I need to lose a substantial amount of weight in about 5 weeks (8 to 10 pounds). I'm not convinced 1200 calories a day will do it as am short but I work full time so would find it difficult to eat less / do 5:2 or similar. I could probably manage half an hour of running a day, so that would burn 250 calories. Someone tell me it's doable? Recipe ideas welcome!

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Sun 17-Jan-16 10:37:56

Low carb? I can easily lose that and more in that timescale

DancingDuck Sun 17-Jan-16 10:40:40

Try a raw veg diet for a couple of days a week. You can eat your bodyweight in fruit and salads and lose weight. Also you get an incredible energy boost.

make soup - clear broths or veg based with no fat and have a big bowl (take a flask?) at lunch time and another in the evening. Fills you up but minimal calories.

Floppityflop Sun 17-Jan-16 10:42:25

Raw veg sounds like the way to go for me, but will that give as good results as low carb?

DancingDuck Sun 17-Jan-16 10:43:14

You could alternate. Do five days low carb, two days raw veg each week. See how it feels.

Floppityflop Sun 17-Jan-16 11:02:12

If I was doing low carb, what would I eat on a typical day? I have always been a calorie counter!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now