VLCD in 2016 Chat and Support!

(61 Posts)
Zeisty10 Sun 10-Jan-16 09:15:50

I have just started my weight loss plan for 2016, having lost a quite a lot of weight last year (3 stone). Had regained some over the last couple months, but it is coming off now. Would love to chat to others also on low carb, or VLCD, so we can support each other and share tips etc. grin

PutThatDownNow Sun 10-Jan-16 18:47:39

Hi Zeisty

Can I join you? I have a few Cambridge packs in the house which I am using up and have put in a Slim and Save order to switch to once the Cambridge is used up. I haven't set a weight loss goal, am just going to go a day at a time to start with an see how it goes (if I am honest I'd like to shift at least three stone, but a day at a time seems safer at this stage). Started yesterday, and ok so far - just turned down some very nice cakes at a friend's house.

JaneHair Sun 10-Jan-16 19:42:08

Hello! I've just signed up to the starter pack with Slim and Save to try out their products before starting their plan officially. I have not done a VLCD before. I need to shift 3 stone asap so I can start my 2nd round of IVF.

Good luck ladies!

Supernanny19 Sun 10-Jan-16 20:53:11

Hey can I join please? I'm in day 6 of CWP weigh in tomo! Need to loose 5.5 stone!!

FatRun Sun 10-Jan-16 21:05:49

How's your first week been, supernanny?

Zeisty10 Sun 10-Jan-16 22:18:49

Hello all good to see you here! I have done 4 days now and I am down 5lbs! Here's to a good week ahead for all of us. grin

AndOneMoreThing Tue 12-Jan-16 12:49:52

Hello smile
Hope you don't mind me joining. I lost a couple of stone last year but still need to lose a couple more to be a healthy weight. I'm 170lbs and want to be 130lbs. I've been eating around 700 cals a day for the last week and have loss 4lbs. I hope to stick st it for January and lose at least a stone to get me started.

Zeisty10 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:03:47

Hello Andonemorething yes of course. smile Are you doing low carb, or something else? I have done really well this last year on Exante - 3 very low cal/low carb meals a day. I don't ever remember losing weight so easily, certainly, not since I had a child anyway.

AndOneMoreThing Tue 12-Jan-16 13:19:35

I'm not eating pasta/bread/potatoes etc mainly because they're pretty empty calories. It's hard to get decent nutrients in 700 cals. I'm eating lots of veg, occasional fruit, beans, salad and quorn.

AndOneMoreThing Tue 12-Jan-16 13:20:03

Are you exercising?

Zeisty10 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:22:33

I wasn't exercising, but I went to the gym last week and might even go this afternoon. After not exercising for a long time, even once a week is an achievement!

Zeisty10 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:26:01

Some things work well for some and not for others. I was on Jason Vale's Juicing diet 3 years ago. LOVED the juices, didn't crave anything else and stuck it out for 9 days, but the hunger and loss in my energy loss was huge. I could NOT have exercised if you had paid me. I don't seem to have that on the diet I am on now. smile

Zeisty10 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:27:54

Last year, I did Exante for 5 and half weeks solid and lost about 20lbs. After that I had a the break so weight loss was more spasmodic, had a longer break from it towards the end of the year.

winchester1 Tue 12-Jan-16 21:17:57

Hi can I join?

I'm aiming to lose 20kgs(3 stone) to get to the weight I was when i got preg with dc1. That would give me a BMI of 27. I'm using some vlcd foods to make cc easier. So a shake for breakfast, soup for lunch then normal dinner.
Evening snacks are my downfall though!

AndOneMoreThing Tue 12-Jan-16 21:59:44

Me too. Evenings are hard.
I had lentil soup and salad for dinner tonight which was delicious. Not sure how many calories because it was homemade but I guesstimate I'm on 700 for the day in total.

Zeisty10 Tue 12-Jan-16 22:31:27

Hey Winchester1 the more, the merrier! wink 3 stone..you could lose a stone a month on vlcd.

winchester1 Wed 13-Jan-16 04:50:40

I've lost half a stone so far but I'm not quite vlcd as I want to eat normally in front of the kids so I'm having a small normal dinner in the week and lunch and dinner at the weekends. Its certainly fast so far though.
How are you all getting on?

Zeisty10 Wed 13-Jan-16 07:14:17

Morning...well I am on day 6 and am down 6lbs so far, so I am happy! smile

AndOneMoreThing Wed 13-Jan-16 09:29:00

Well done zeisty!
Winchester, how many cals a day are you aiming for?
I discovered some low impact high intensity interval training videos last night so I'm going to give that a go today. I'm feeling pretty low on energy so hopefully it might energise me.

winchester1 Wed 13-Jan-16 11:20:12

Well done zeisty.

Not sure tbh I'm having a shake and soup and lots of tea in the day so prob 300 cals and around 150-200,in evening snacks. Then dinner is about 150 on carbs plus an appropriate amount of the meat bit with it and lots of veg. At a guess the around 800,- 900. But Friday eve to Sunday lunch are more relaxed.

I cant get much exercise as my hips are still sore after the kids which is a problem or will be i suppose. I've a fitbit and aiming to burn 2000 cals a day, dint always make it though. grin

What are you all aiming for per day?

Zeisty10 Wed 13-Jan-16 11:33:35

I am not really counting calories, as Exante does that with the packs. I think it is just over 600 a day. I had a few clementines the last few days, they looked yummy and I felt they did me good! Got to be low carb right?! Planning to go to gym this afternoon.smile

JaneHair Wed 13-Jan-16 20:55:59

I've received my sample pack from Slim and Save and will be trying them over the weekend. I'm worried about going fully VLCD though as I have permanent double vision (which I generally control) but it becomes worse when I get headaches, which I know is a side affect of VLCD.

If I did a S&S shake for breakfast, S&S meal/soup for lunch and a small healthy meal in the evening (i.e salmon and steamed greens) would I still lose a lot of weight? Or does VLCD only work if you do them 100%?

winchester1 Thu 14-Jan-16 03:39:12

Hi jane that's what I'm doing although I'm.have carbs in the evenings so more cals than you. Seems to be working at the moment at least.

Zeisty10 Thu 14-Jan-16 08:10:58

Hi JaneHair sorry to hear about the double vision. Most seem to get headaches only in the beginning, as they are adjusting tothe diet. Everyone is different though, some are able to tweak it quite a bit, have days off etc and still get very good results. Try it and see? Let us know what you think of Slim n Save. {smile] What carbs do you have in the evening winchester1?

winchester1 Thu 14-Jan-16 09:18:31

Whatever is for dinner - pasta, potatoes, rice, couscous, occasionally bread, or barely wheat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now