Talk

Advanced search

Quick weight loss for surgery?

(2 Posts)
WestCoastDreamin Mon 04-Jan-16 14:22:13

I will be undergoing fairly major surgery sometime in Jan or Feb (still awaiting date) but they have advised that the best thing I can do prior to surgery is lose as much weight as possible. Probably about 4 stone overweight and not doing any exercise whatsoever.

Suggestions very welcome! I can do extreme & faddy easily, so don't worry about sustainable - just need to get to the surgery first! smile

SarahDietitian Fri 08-Jan-16 11:43:08

Hi WCD, the quickest way to lose weight is with a Very Low Calorie Diet. I'm a dietitian, and I use it with a number of my clients who need to lose weight quickly and safely for surgery. Because it is so low calorie, it should be done under the medical supervision of a GP/dietitian, and followed for no more than 3 months. It's not easy and it's not a long term fix for being over weight, but with the right support it can be done if you need to lose weight quickly. Here's some more info (scroll down to the bottom of this link for the VLCD info): VLCD

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now