Talk

Advanced search

Nutribullet to lose 4 stone

(6 Posts)
girleigh1987 Sun 03-Jan-16 23:15:24

Hi all
I need to lose 4 stone this year and I'm starting with buying a nutribullet.
Has anyone else lost a significant amount this way?
Does anyone have any good high fibre recipes I can start off with?

rockabella Wed 06-Jan-16 02:44:48

Are you planning on replacing all your meals with things in the nutribullet? If so it's not very sustainable and easy to get into unhealthy habbits, blending things isn't always for the best! I would use it to replace one meal a day and cook something for the others, good luck!

girleigh1987 Wed 06-Jan-16 08:13:17

Thanks rockabella, that was my plan anyway, I was going to replace breakfast and lunch but thought better of it.
I just really need something to work for me!

rookiemere Wed 06-Jan-16 08:28:26

Hi there
We bought a nutribullet in December again hoping it would assist with weight loss regime but to be honest I'm not sure how it would do that.

I eat fairly healthy high protein breakfast and lunch anyway so I couldn't figure out how and why a smoother would be better. I have made myself a whey smoothie for after gym workouts and I guess that's a good use of it.

I've started making myself a mixture of spinach,carrot,cucumber and kiwi each morning to have before my poached eggs but not really to lose weight more to get lots of nutrients and help with my 5 a day.

I guess what I'm saying is do some research and decide how you're going to use it for weight loss before you get it.

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Wed 06-Jan-16 08:37:05

IT would be better to eat the vegetables and fruit as bulk rather than in a smoothie and letting your body break it down. Will keep you fuller for longer.
Honestly try slimming world. If will keep you on track and motivated and change your eating habits without too much restriction xxx good luck xxx

Artandco Wed 06-Jan-16 08:43:16

I wouldn't say they will make you loose weight, as you will no doubt want solid food also

We use ours every day but just to make a vegetable juice to have alongside a regular breakfast

They are good for that as gets you starting the day with good nutrition . Usually a veggie juice and a poached egg with salmon/ veg here for breakfast

I would use one but make sure whole days food is good not just the juice. Remember a fruit juice will contain lots of natural sugars so needs to be mainly veg

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now