Talk

Advanced search

Is there any point in joining the gym..

(4 Posts)
thehillshaveyes Sat 02-Jan-16 11:13:14

when I can only go on weekends? Will it still help me lose weight or should I not bother?

Trills Sat 02-Jan-16 11:24:23

Depends on your budget and motivation.

Do you like the gym or hate the gym?

Can you afford it easily or is it a stretch?

Going to the gym once a week would still be better for your health than not going at all, but there are other ways to do exercise.

UsedToBeAPaxmanFan Sat 02-Jan-16 16:06:44

Does the gym offer pay-as-you-go? I'm a member of a gym, but go to 6 classes a week, so it's worth it. My dh occasionally comes with me, and has to pay £5 per class or £5 to use the main gym. It's not worth him getting a membership.

You could always buy some very basic equipment (handweights, kettlebells etc) and a good dvd and do it at home. That doesn't work for me because I always find something else to do, whereas knowing that I'm booked into a kettlebell class at 7pm makes me go and do it. But different things work for different people.

As long as you are doing some exercise, it doesn't matter where you do it - a plank is a plank, whether you're doing it in a fitness studio or in your living room!

EllenTheEgret Sat 02-Jan-16 17:03:06

Would exercising at weekends suit you? Or would evenings/weekends be better?

I've been doing the 30 day shred video at home. It's not for everyone (lots of jumping so not great if you have dodgy joints) but it works for me because its quick and cheap.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now