Talk

Advanced search

It starts now! Who's with me?

(12 Posts)
scodgie Tue 22-Dec-15 19:37:22

Im not waiting until the New Year or after Christmas. I'd like to lose up to 2 stone in three months. Tomorrow morning I'm going to weigh myself then put the scales away for a whole month. I'll start with a cup of hot lemon water then go through my fridge and cupboards and get rid of all the crap....even the nice stuff I got in for Christmas! I hate food waste so will donate it to anybody I can. I'm then going to think hard about everything I eat and try to avoid processed food. Breakfast of chia seeds and porridge oats is planned. Then I'll service my rarely used treadmill and just gently warm up with a brisk walk. Instead of snacking (other than on raw veggies) I'll give myself tasks and also have a long overdue house de clutter. And this is my plan until I'm happy with the way I feel and am able to maintain it. Would love to hear from anybody with similar aims. I'll update my progress as I need somebody to be accountable to. I have no doubt I'll fall off the wagon but I will get straight back on!

scodgie Wed 23-Dec-15 09:46:38

It has started well! Squats whilst I brushed my teeth. Tackling o e room at a time for my sort out.

calzone Wed 23-Dec-15 09:48:44

I have lost Wei with SW and don't want to discourage you, but your timing may be a little out......smile

calzone Wed 23-Dec-15 09:48:59

Weight

helenahandbag Wed 23-Dec-15 10:35:56

2st in three months is a pretty tall order, that's more than 2lbs a week. Do you have a lot of weight to lose? The less you have to lose, the slower you lose it.

lorelei9 Wed 23-Dec-15 10:44:28

scodgie, we have a Christmas thread for those of us still trying to lose weight - I have a holiday in February so every little helps grin

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/weight_loss_chat/2518961-Calling-all-Grinches-Who-wants-to-lose-weight-in-December

got to work out today, Xmas Day and Boxing Day. Oh yes. Exercise is key to my plan (but I like exercise) and travelling days take out tomorrow and the 27th.

If someone will keep me company on there over Xmas I will be grateful!

scodgie Wed 23-Dec-15 11:55:44

Thank you all. I agree that two stone is a bit ambitious and perhaps unrealistic, so maybe 1 1/2 if that's feasible. Part of the reason I can do this is that my ex has the children over Christmas, so I've already had Christmas Day on the 20th. I've had a huge food clear out and feel better for that. I will probably head over to check ou the thread you told me about Lorelei, thanks for that!

scodgie Wed 23-Dec-15 11:56:54

Lunch!

antimatter Wed 23-Dec-15 12:14:42

I'd like that too!!!!!
20-22 lb in 3 months is doable. It is 14 weeks therefore 1.5 lb/week.

I know in the past that doing 2 days a week of 5:2 diet helped me so from next week I can do it.
This week will be about eating only 3x a day. I now Christmas day will be harder but not pigging out on everything will be my aim grin

I just spent 4 days in Paris eating a lot and I didn't pit on anything, in fact lost one pound. I ma probably much bigger than you but I ate 3 big meals a day and I think this shows that my snacking is out of order.

Drinking water with lemon juice made me feel much better in the past so I am going to get some lemons today and add that to my routine. I used to take juice from half a lemon with a bit of water first thing in the morning. I used to have 2 heaped tbsp's of finely grounded flax with a bit water (before it expands too much!!!). That was my first thing in the morning snack.
Shall also return to it tomorrow.

As far as exercises go - I walk a lot, at least 13K steps a day (commuting + dog walking). I can't afford gym and PT from Feb but will try to add 20 min of HITT every other day' If I can stomach some dog walking to turn into slow jogging I will. I don't like running smile

I am going skiing at half term, it is 8 weeks away and I want to be fitter than I am now.

scodgie Wed 23-Dec-15 12:26:21

Lucky you going skiing Antimatter! I went in March and broke my ankle, hence piling on the pounds!im going again in 2017 and would like to be fitter and able to fit comfortably into my ski gear! I used to do lots of exercise but it's taken its toll on my joints so I can't run anymore, so I e bought a pedometer (might get a Fitbit though) and I aim to walk lots. For me exercise is the key, it seems to distract me from snacking and overeating.

esiotrot2015 Wed 23-Dec-15 12:26:24

I'm the same op
Don't want to eat a load of crap at Xmas put on half a stone & then diet
I've had melon for breakfast
Lunch was couscous , ice berg lettuce and a festive spoonful of piccalilli

I haven't drunken any alcohol for a week & i am determined not to drink until Boxing Day when I've got a big family party

I know if I have a glass of wine I'll start smacking and nibbling and a glass will turn into a bottle blush

scodgie Wed 23-Dec-15 13:56:39

Well done Esiotrot on saying away from the wine. One of my biggest problems is getting the support of my Oh as he is quite overweight and has a very unhealthy diet. We don't live together and he understands he needs to lose weight, but, as we all know, it's got to be your own decision in your own time. Even though he knows I'm trying to be healthy he'll buy rubbish. I have the will power to resist but I wish he would join me in trying to be healthy!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now