Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Any Whole 30 experts? (Or Jan 2016 newbies for support!)

(4 Posts)
Readysteadyknit Tue 22-Dec-15 15:42:30

I am thinking of doing this in Jan as a detox. It looks like it needs a lot of planning. I was going to follow their 7 day meal plan to the letter to start with and have started looking at products but am struggling with some.

Are there any compliant instant beef and chicken stocks or will I have to make my own? Also almond milk?

Any other tips?

Ista Wed 23-Dec-15 00:01:36

I do paleo/low carb and have lost nearly 2 stone since May. Whole 30 is very clean paleo eating and once you get into it, you feel good, weight comes off and aches and pains get better or go completely. Its very anti inflammatory as you remove lots of trigger foods for the body. I would personally find that it needs more than 30 days to begin to get into it and I found that I had to ease into paleo eating slowly so I didn't give up.

Readysteadyknit Wed 23-Dec-15 10:20:14

Thanks that really useful - I've got about 3 stone to lose so it will need to be longer term.

I like the look of the recipes in the whole30 which is why I chose it. If I am really organised I think I could do it but I am struggling with "convenience" products and all the hidden sugars in almost everything- who knew that there is sugar in stock cubes?

I am trying to put together an online shop to order for second week of Jan (I have a diamond wedding party to attend and an assignment due in the first week so don't want to be detoxing and feeling rubbish).

Are there any websites or books you'd recommend?

Ista Thu 24-Dec-15 01:37:54

From my point of view their are hardly any convenience products that are Whole 30/paleo/primal friendly. Its all about real food. Fruit, veg, meat and fish with good oils and fats, nuts (if allowed), seeds.
I eat loads of fruit and keep frozen cherries, berries etc in my freezer. Use them for whizzing up in blender. All veg and salads. Nuts, nut butters, medjool dates, dark chocolate, fish prawns, beef, chicken(I buy breasts and thighs with skin on). Roast Chicken and use juices to create gravy, real sausages, bacon, gammon. Lots of fresh and dried herbs and spices. Coconut oil (solid in jars), olive, walnut oil. I use maple syrup and honey, date syrup and coconut sugar. I think the one that most paleo/primal eaters use is Marks Daily Apple.

There are some good blogs out there. PaleOMG is brilliant and she makes lots of lovely sweet things. paleomg.com/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now