Talk

Advanced search

Doing daily cardio and weights - putting on weight instead. Please help me

(4 Posts)
Hihellohi Mon 14-Dec-15 16:13:27

Hi everyone
Any help anyone can offer would be much appreciated.
I was always slim (53kg) even after having two DC, after my third DC I've put on about 7kg and its so hard to shift.
At September I was 60kg and got a personal trainer who has been monitoring my diet and making me do 45mins cardio and resistance training daily.
But instead of losing any weight I have put on 2.5kg. What is going on?
I am getting increasingly depressed about this - I don't know what more I can do. I've cut out every sweet and chocolates, I don't drink anyway.
Please help me with any ideas.

MontyYouTerribleCunt Mon 14-Dec-15 17:08:32

Hi OP! I'm not an expert at all, but isn't weight loss more to do with diet than exercise? I don't think you should focus on the scales tbh - it's meaningless sometimes! If you are getting fitter and more toned surely that is more important. Are you very overweight at 60kgs? Try on some old clothes maybe, you might find they are less snug despite weight gain if you have toned up a bit.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 14-Dec-15 17:16:13

Use MyFitnessPal and log all of your food and drink religiously for a week, weighing it all out, the whole shebang. It's a bit of a pain but it will give you a better idea of where your calories are going. Calories are in all foods, not just sweets and chocolates...

Hihellohi Mon 14-Dec-15 18:54:18

Ok thanks guys.
And no all my clothes are getting very snug 😰

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now