Talk

Advanced search

Veggie weightloss

(5 Posts)
Bullshitbingo Tue 08-Dec-15 16:48:27

Hi all, I'm new to this part of the website so apologies if there is already a thread about this.
I need a bit of support. I'm 5'7, have two children (3 & 1) and my eating since dc2 has been a bit crazy. As of Monday morning I tipped the scales at 11st 10lbs, officially the heaviest I've ever been.
The problem is, I've always been a bit yoyo with my weight, which since puberty has fluctuated between about 10st and 11st 7, or a dress size 12-14. Even though I'm not technically obese, I am definitely now 'overweight'. To complicate matters I am a veggie, and a lazy one at that, so my main downfall seems to be cheese, bread and other white stodge. I think I'm addicted to carbs, but I've never actually been able to stick to a diet for longer than 3 hours, usually because I forget I'm meant to be on one and eat a load of crap, then think 'fuck it' and give up.
I've had a look at ww and sw, but neither seem like my kind of thing. The veggie recipes look a bit rubbish, and there aren't many of them. I've toyed with the idea of trying veganism for a while as that might take me back to basics, but I wonder if I'd struggle with how strict it is and give up.
Does anyone have any tips for veggie weight loss diets/plans? I really don't want to slide into middle aged obesity and I can see that's the way I'm headed if I don't sort myself out sad

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 08-Dec-15 16:51:50

I eat quorn, cottage cheese (with garlic pepper) and occasionally have the 30% less fat cheese slices (it's sliced thinner than I could manage at home, so less calories).

DyslexicScientist Tue 08-Dec-15 16:55:16

Load up on sweet potatoes!

I'm vegan and love them.

Stay away from bread and chees.

Try spouted rye bread.

Bullshitbingo Tue 08-Dec-15 16:58:39

Will try rye bread, thank you

Bullshitbingo Tue 08-Dec-15 16:59:43

How do you stay away from bread, it's so lovely?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now