Talk

Advanced search

Cambridge diet on long haul flights.

(4 Posts)
sorlands Sun 06-Dec-15 14:11:12

Hey,

I'm on the cambridge diet right now, both to lose weight and because diets where you reach ketosis are proven to really help with epilepsy which I have.
I fly long haul a lot (once every 8 weeks or so) and I'd love to hear how you cope on CD when on a long haul flight.
I don't want to cheat because although I know I could have a 500cal meal it's being in ketosis which really helps with reducing seizures, but I know drinking enough water will be an issue and I am not sure how to prepare my meals.
I was thinking of taking a shaker and two shakes and making a shake up after the security check for the first flight (3 hours) and then doing the same at the connecting airport so I can have a second shake and a bar on the longer of the two flights (6 hours)

Hope this makes sense smile

winterswan Sun 06-Dec-15 14:12:20

Sounds fine to me! Good luck!

SparklesandBangs Sun 06-Dec-15 14:27:47

I've done long haul on Lighterlife which is the same idea, they have meal replacement bars so I used those for travelling and went back to the shakes when I landed. Is that an option for you?

sorlands Sun 06-Dec-15 15:01:33

I can have bars - the only issue is you need to have water when you drink them. I think I'll just buy a couple of bottles once I am past security smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now