Talk

Advanced search

Help me come up with a healthy packed lunch.

(17 Posts)
Pipbin Wed 25-Nov-15 19:20:51

Given the choice I would have a cheese and pickle sandwich on granary bread everyday.
However, when I was doing weight watchers I didn't find that I lost weight until switched to salad.
I've put weight back on and stopping the sandwiches seems to be an easy step to take. However I am sick to the back fucking teeth of bastard salad.
What can I have that is vegetarian, easy to transport and quick to eat as I am a teacher so my lunch time is short?
I have access to a microwave and toaster.
There is little that I don't like (except meat and fish).

ecuse Wed 25-Nov-15 19:29:35

I make a big frittata at the weekend - 15 eggs, loads of veg, cheese - cut into 6 wedges and bring for breakfast / lunch. It's nice either cold or hot. Keeps for the week in the fridge.

ecuse Wed 25-Nov-15 19:30:09

Fairly filling, too.

ChilliAndBint Wed 25-Nov-15 19:39:11

I'd make a big pot of stew,curry or whatever. Portion it out and freeze. You are unlikely to pick at your meal before lunch if its in one frozen block.

Emz449 Wed 25-Nov-15 21:24:12

Soup! Easy to make and so filling, great for the cold weather

Blondie1984 Wed 25-Nov-15 21:31:17

when you say "salad" - what do you have in your salad?

MinesAPintOfTea Wed 25-Nov-15 21:38:44

Homemade soup. I make vats of it at the weekend/on days off and we both take different ones into work each day. Frozen in the morning then microwave at lunchtime.

dementedma Wed 25-Nov-15 21:45:36

Agree soup. Take in a small spud and nuke it in the microwave. Serve with cheese, beans, coleslaw.
Hard boiled eggs are low carb and filling.

MinesAPintOfTea Wed 25-Nov-15 21:50:06

Even better: bake small spuds when you have the oven on at the weekend, and just reheat at lunchtime. Nice and soft and fluffy. But have with veg, not cheese or beans.

Pipbin Wed 25-Nov-15 21:53:14

Soup is a plan!
Thank you.

FabergeEggs Wed 25-Nov-15 22:02:27

This is the dog's undercarriage. It's absolutely delicious and the rice and butternut squash keep you full for yonks. Make a vat full at home and freeze.

FabergeEggs Wed 25-Nov-15 22:08:45

Bake these and see how filling they are for your afternoon snack!

Nothing says 'I am on a diet of self-flagellation' like soup and salad.

ivykaty44 Wed 25-Nov-15 22:11:12

I love xweet potato jckt as you can just have salad with them, they are lush

Melissah93 Thu 26-Nov-15 06:18:59

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TantrumsAndBalloons Thu 26-Nov-15 06:24:53

Oh sweet Jesus Christ, Juice plus?

annandale Thu 26-Nov-15 06:29:28

grin

Spinach, hard boiled eggs, toasted pumpkin seeds, olives and a decent dressing do it for me. It is salad though.

confusedandemployed Thu 26-Nov-15 06:40:33

Fuck me sideways, it's a JP invasion! What a soul destroying way to lose weight and put it all straight back on again

FabergeEggs those muffins look amazing. I am definitely going to try them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now