Talk

Advanced search

mad on carrots but full of carbs....bad/good....cluless!

(3 Posts)
knittedsoxer Fri 13-Nov-15 09:56:06

hi im trying to lose weight in a steady way, and cut down on sugary/fatty snacks.

in the last year i have lost a stone and a half by doing this and eat loads of raw carrots which i love.

started using my fitness pal and i have had two carrots this morning which already counts as 60 calories and 14 carbs!

my impression is if you have a carb loaded intake and dont burn it off through exercise then you store carbs as fat (or is this a different type of carbs confused )

the rest of my diet is balanced but i havent lost any weight in the last month and have another stone to go

any advice, please!
TIA

Hornydilemma Fri 13-Nov-15 10:01:45

I think carrots have a lot of sugar (think how sweet roasted carrots get) so if you are low carbing they are not recommended.

AnchorDownDeepBreath Fri 13-Nov-15 10:10:13

It depends how you're trying to lose weight.

If you're aiming for a low calorie diet, just make sure you log them all, because they can be quite calorific and it's only 10am, so if you've already got through two, you might end up over your target. As long as you keep within your limit, you'll lose weight.

If you're aiming to low carb, then carrots are too high in carbs.

If you're aiming to cut out sugar, they probably have too much sugar for that too.

If you've been following this diet for a month and you haven't lost any weight yet, I'd say that you're probably still eating too much, so you'll need to either increase exercise substantially or cut down on calories, either through editing meals or eating less carrots.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: