Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

VLCD - yes or no?

(12 Posts)
NapoleonsNose Sun 01-Nov-15 18:05:15

I've got at least three stone to lose. I successfully lost nearly four stone on SW about five years ago. Since then I've put nearly all of it back on and I feel fat and frumpy. I've tried SW again a couple of times over the last couple of years, but since they introduced the Extra Easy thing I cannot seem to lose the weight. I've also gone from a job where I was on my feet all day and walking around a lot, to sitting on my bum at a desk. I'm really tempted to try a VLCD as I want to kick start my weight loss. I think once I've lost a noticeable bit, I will feel motivated and better about myself. Has anyone had much success on a VLCD? How easy is it to ignore the hunger?

NickNacks Sun 01-Nov-15 18:22:41

Over the past few days I have been research the Cambridge diet and think I'm going to go for it. I know I'll be nagged by others not to do it but I know once I have a good head start I'll be able to maintain it. I run and exercise but it would be so much better for my joints if I didn't have to lug this weight around. Let me know what you decide!

PotOfYoghurt Sun 01-Nov-15 20:25:50

I'm starting Slim&Save tomorrow.

I did Cambridge a few years ago and loved it, I found it so much easier than trying to eat normal, healthy food. As I've been overweight since a young child it's a lot harder than just eating less, moving more. I only came off as I couldn't afford it anymore.

Slim&Save is about 600cal I think, and a bit cheaper and can buy online. Don't have the benefit of a consultant but maybe can find like minded people on here to touch base with!

NapoleonsNose Sun 01-Nov-15 20:34:30

Slim&Save is the one I've been looking at. I've found that they also have an eBay shop which is also a bit cheaper than the website too.

I might take the plunge but need to start on a week when I've got nothing planned. Have a couple of events to factor in over the next week or so, including DD's 18th, a 50th party and a weekend away, so realistically I can't start until after they are out of the way.

PotOfYoghurt Sun 01-Nov-15 20:49:02

I know what you mean, I'm planning on hibernating on day 3 when ketosis kicks in... Luckily I have the week off work!

NickNacks Sun 01-Nov-15 21:20:31

May I ask how you got on with Cambridge PotOfYoghurt ? Did you lose very much? The cost is definitely something to consider but I can't be fat forever and don't know what else to do! sad

PotOfYoghurt Sun 01-Nov-15 21:33:52

I lost 3st in about 2 1/2 months. First three days I was pretty hungry, but I had prepped by dropping carbs the week before so I didn't get any extra withdrawal.

It was fantastic apart from the price! I definitely think having a weekly weigh in with a consultant helped. If you can afford it, I would say go for it.

NickNacks Sun 01-Nov-15 21:57:29

That's fantastic, well done. I can't imagine losing so much so quickly! - I need to lose about 5 stone so I think this could be worth the high £ cost.

PotOfYoghurt Sun 01-Nov-15 22:07:14

It was great, and being able to see a huge difference in the first week on the scales was enough to keep going. I do wish I had been able to afford to keep going as I've found all dieting quite difficult since then, but I'm feeling positive about starting anew tomorrow.

NickNacks Sun 01-Nov-15 22:39:10

Good luck. You obviously have the willpower so I am sure you will do great! Let us know how you get on.

PotOfYoghurt Sun 01-Nov-15 23:18:58

Thanks for the vote of confidence! You too!

StDogolphin Mon 02-Nov-15 18:48:12

I did Cambridge, it worked really well for me. I didnt think it was that expensive compared to how much I was spending on food though. I wasnt hungry after about four days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now