Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

anyone for Paul McKenna?

(13 Posts)
Mrswoofy Tue 27-Oct-15 08:15:30

So I've got 4 stone to lose and tried everything but small boy and going back to work so I can't be doing with anything that requires planning and counting.

Tried Paul McKenna in the past and it really works so long as you stick with it. Basically eat slowly only when hungry and stop when you feel full.

Anyone fancy joining me and uncle Paul?

helenahandbag Tue 27-Oct-15 09:33:10

I just bought his new book, "Freedom from Emotional Eating" and I'm going to start it as soon as I finish my current book. It gets really good reviews, loads of people swear by his techniques.

Octopus37 Wed 28-Oct-15 18:26:16

I am doing this, although not doing that well today. Like it overall though, just think O am in for the long haul

Mrswoofy Wed 28-Oct-15 19:32:50

It's seductive isn't it, weight loss with no will power! But it's still will power but arguably better than the alternative.

We can eat what we want!!!!! But only when hungry and then slowly and then stop just when enjoying yourself.

We could be a dress size smaller at Christmas. That's got to be worth it!

Octopus37 Thu 29-Oct-15 21:02:19

I am still in on this, know what you mean about will power of a different sort, although I have still failed a fair few times at this. I love the fact that no food is banned and I don't have to worry about starving or waiting x amount of time until I am allowed to eat. This is my fourth week of doing this, tbh haven't had a high success rate, had lost 5 pounds, but has turned into only 2 pounds, but have a relatively small amount of weight to lose (this seems to make it harder) so will take longer. I know I won't be a dress size smaller by Christmas but 4 or so pounds lighter would be lovely

19togo Fri 30-Oct-15 23:44:41

Hi all. I'd like to join in please. I bought the book years ago and never opened it until yesterday. I've now read it through and am about to listen to the CD for the first time. I'm going away for 6 weeks in March and I'd love to lose 19 lbs by then so I can go feeling really good about myself. I'll be seeing people I haven't seen in over 20 years and 2 stone ago. I weighed myself today and will try not to do so for the next fortnight. If I can lose a pound a week, I'll be ecstatic. (That's 19 weeks until my trip.)

Mrswoofy Sat 31-Oct-15 08:09:31

Welcome! I started properly yesterday weighing in at a horrific 14 stone 6 pounds and took a suitably unflattering before picture. I'm aiming to be a dress size smaller by Christmas as a first target.

VashtaNerada Sun 08-Nov-15 03:47:06

I think I might do this. Is there a particular book / CD? (ie does he have more than one?) Any tips from those who've done it before?

Mrswoofy Sun 08-Nov-15 12:45:00

Hi. Welcome! The app is really good but the book is good too. There's I can make you thin or hypnotic gastric band so up to you which you prefer

Mrswoofy Fri 13-Nov-15 08:50:33

So had 2 week weigh in and lost 4 pounds. Pretty pleased as two meals out and a fair bit of vino. Thank you uncle Paul

19togo Fri 13-Nov-15 12:51:02

Just did my 2-week weigh in. Lost 2lbs. Not as much as I would have liked BUT I did spend last weekend away, drinking and eating, so I'm grateful for anything. And I can hear PM's words in my head so I've eaten less than I ordinarily would do. For example, the day after I read the book, I had only one piece of cheese on toast when usually I would have two. So I'm optimistic.

Mrswoofy - 4 lbs - that's awesome. I'm really pleased for you. :-)

Mrswoofy Fri 13-Nov-15 13:15:03

Well done you too!!!!

FaithAscending Tue 17-Nov-15 20:13:00

I've just got back on this. I've got ICMYT, Hypnotic gastric band and FFEE! It's so simple, I know it works, it did before! So I'm back on it. Just had dinner at the table - terrible habit of having means on the sofa - chewing for 30 times and putting my fork down. I have frustrated with myself and need to turn it around. I'm going to do the hypnosis for the HGB tonight as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now