Am I on the right track? Please advise!

(5 Posts)
PlumFairy2014 Fri 23-Oct-15 12:35:30

I have 2 stone of baby weight (cake weight really) to shift! I am 5"3 and 11st12. I would like to get to a healthy bmi at least.

This is roughly what I'm (going to be) eating Mon-Fri
B:Porridge with blueberries (made with water) 170ish cals
L: 1 Avocado, bit of veg (eg pepper) and a couple of pieces of ham or similar 400 cals
D: Soup 400 Cals (big soups)
S:two rice cakes and half a banana 120 cals
1090 Calories

Saturday and Sunday I eat with the family more, nothing too extreme, but I don't count. Also one glass of red on a Sat. smile

I don't really want to calorie count, but I'm struggling to lose the weight not calorie counting. My main effort is to cut out the massive amount of carbs.

I look after my 1 year old and do 2x12min cardio blast daily. (Denise Austin ones, if that makes a difference?)

Is this going to work? Any tips on how to improve my diet/exercise.

Thank you!

ProfessorDent Fri 23-Oct-15 12:42:57

Looks okay, but try doing a 10 min run when you get out of bed, after coffee and before shower. Keep gym kit by bed, do stretches a bit on legs mainly (look up on youtube). It kickstarts the metabolism.

Personally, for brekkie I would have protein really, not sure porridge is that nutritional, it is just fibre. Poached egg on toast would be good.

Take some vits to see you thru imo: Vit D3 this time of year, Magnesium to bust chocolate habits, Solgar's Chronium Piccilinoate (sp?) to bust Sugar Cravings, that sort of thing.

John Briffa's Waist Disposal is a book I recommend, or read my review on it on Amazon which gives a big summary. I don't think calorie counting is it really, more sugar boycotting will work. You do need to be aware of withdrawal symptoms if you are doing that, cos you have been addicted to junk to get the way you are (I know, I've been there).

Drink 2 litres of water steadily through the day, stay off the coffee aside from the morning.

You above diet is good, but unlikely to be sustained imo. Not enough protein in my view, protein ie meat and eggs helps satisfy hunger pangs more than anything else.

Never, ever go hungry. Always have something to snack on, just not sugary crap ie biscuits, chocolate, jam, etc.

PlumFairy2014 Fri 23-Oct-15 12:53:33

Boiled eggs maybe as a protein snack?

I stick to the oats because I have been told it's good for milk production.

Similarly I find it hard to do anything pre breakfast as the wee one is up at 6am and as she doesn't sleep well I can't face the thought of rising earlier! I could do the cardio boost once she's up though, maybe while she eats her breakfast, would have the same effect I imagine?

OnlyHereForTheCamping Fri 23-Oct-15 13:01:04

Calorie count for one week. And be ruthless. I imagine your breakfast is more calories than you think. Weigh everything. How old is your baby? If you are very recently pregnant it might be better to wait.

PlumFairy2014 Fri 23-Oct-15 13:17:25

I weigh out the oats, it's a pretty measly portion.

She is one year old, so not very recently pregnant. I always told myself I would be back to me by 9 months....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now