Talk

Advanced search

Which diet? Lighter life, Cambridge...

(12 Posts)
Wonderwho Mon 05-Oct-15 11:18:25

Hoping you can help me with the choice of which diet I go for. I am feeling fairly rubbish about myself after 2 pregnancies in 2 years which have taken their toll. I am just starting to get walking again and am doing some Pilates too.

I need to kickstart my weight loss journey and so thought it best to start with a low carb start as I have 4 stone to lose. Which ones have the best flavours, cost the least etc? Any advice?

Thanks.

OohMrDarcy Mon 05-Oct-15 11:24:11

Have a look at the 5:2 thread - I've a lot to lose and have lost 12lb in the last 4 weeks on it!

sofato5miles Mon 05-Oct-15 11:29:30

I started with my fitness pal and couch to 5 k.

It meant, for me just having to allocate a little bit of time and letting someone else take the lead.

Also, buy a spiraliser and a good soup cook book.

laundryeverywhere Mon 05-Oct-15 20:54:00

I am doing Exante, it's not bad and much cheaper than LL or Cambridgeshire. I have lost 2stone in 10 weeks on it. You don't have a consultant, but you can get a lot of support on line. It is a tough diet I started it because I have struggled with diets for years and never been able to stick to it, so this was a last ditch effort for me.

katydye87 Fri 16-Oct-15 13:48:07

I used to follow the cwp, but fort it was quite naff to be frank and super-dooper expensive too.

I am following something similar which is called slim and save, im on my first week and have had a naughty peek on the scales which show a wee loss! (Yippee! )

They do lots more packs that cwp and my fave is the cheesy pasta which is really scrummy.

I know that I could try and be healthy and stick to something like low carbing and maybe just watching what i eat , but i want something that will act fast. I don't really want to see myself in the same position any more. This fat must GO

MrsTedCrilly Fri 16-Oct-15 20:07:07

I do shakethatweight smile it's easy, shakes and bars are tasty and tons cheaper than lighterlife as you order online and don't go to consultant led meetings. I was size 16/18 2 months ago and back in 14s already. It works fast and stops you having to think about food all the time! I have 2 shakes, a bar and a low carb meal per day.

ppeatfruit Sun 18-Oct-15 17:52:42

Wonderwho Look at the Paul Mackenna it is THE BEST, it involves just changing the way you eat, how you eat, why you eat, when you eat. You learn to accept yourself too.

People have lost much more that 4 stone on it. I lost just under 3 stone and am maintaining because its so easy, it's cheap because you you eat your normal food , but healthyish food is better, no CC or weighing or shakes or low fat foods or starvation.

Have a go it's A MAZ ING !!!

LogonMounstuart Sun 18-Oct-15 20:25:40

I lost the last 2 stone of baby weight after my first pregnancy with Cambridge which was great. After my second baby I tried Exante- products are awful and customer service worse (sent me out of date products and could not care less, so I suspect this is very common....) You get what you pay for so went straight back to Cambridge- expensive but works and not vile.

Dowser Sun 25-Oct-15 08:27:26

Can I just ask what happens when you get to goal and you go back onto normal food. Do you go crazy and over eat or do they give you some sort of plan to introduce foods gradually?

helenahandbag Tue 27-Oct-15 10:54:50

Dowser

There is always a maintenance plan on VLCDs, they advise you to add in calories gradually until you're eating normal food smile

BerylCreep Tue 27-Oct-15 11:01:24

I always had very good results with Zoe Harcombe's diet - the emphasis is on eating healthy foods and avoiding those which could disrupt blood sugars or intolerances.

I've just done a Whole30 and lost 18 pounds in one month - again the emphasis is on clean eating and doing a nutritional reset to avoid foods which may be causing intolerances.

I also follow Easyloss Virtual Gastric band hypnosis, which helps with portion size and having a healthier relationship with food.

Nisma Thu 29-Oct-15 10:10:07

Hi i recently completed the clean9 diet the idea is to clean the toxins out of your body in the 9 days for a healthier lifestyle. Naturally you lose weight - my biggest achievement was losing 1.5Inches off my tummy some off my arm and a much toner back. Clean 9 only uses natural products, no chemicals! And all the nutrients are provided. You are allowed to eat meals and then towards the end slowly introduce more calories. Since completing it i havent felt the need to eat excessively and because its been soo good im carrying on so i can lose some more! If you are interested message me smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: