Talk

Advanced search

What's your favourite SW recipe?

(19 Posts)
TheTravellingLemon Fri 18-Sep-15 20:30:36

I need some inspiration. Starting Slimming World on Monday and I want to try to keep things interesting. Don't mind if it's red or green.

Bonus points if it's syn free grin

TheTravellingLemon Fri 18-Sep-15 21:05:09

Bumpety bump

TheTravellingLemon Sat 19-Sep-15 08:32:57

How many times can you bump your own thread before you start to look desperate?

TheTravellingLemon Sat 19-Sep-15 12:21:33

I reckon it's three. Three times and you're starting to act a but needy.

Please give me recipes. I don't want to be fat sad

overitalready Sat 19-Sep-15 12:28:31

Poor lemon!

Have you tried the website - she cooks, she eats? Theres some good ones on there.

The slimming world mag?

Instagram? Twitter?

Ragwort Sat 19-Sep-15 12:33:00

i made a chicken chasseur from SW this week which was nice, sauce was a bit 'thin' should have reduced it a bit lot more I think.

Basically you can more or less adapt any of your favourite recipes to be Slimming World - I do a nice spag bol and chilli. Just don't add garlic bread grin.

TheTravellingLemon Sat 19-Sep-15 15:28:11

Thank you smile. I was coming back to do a fourth bump. Also known as the 'bump of no dignity' grin.

I've looked at some of the normal recipes, but I remember the problem with SW being boredom rather than hunger. Last time I lost a stone in 4 weeks shock. But this time I am a lot older, have a couple of pregnancies under my belt and a lot more weight to shift!

overitalready Sat 19-Sep-15 15:42:06

There is a also a thread on weight loss chat with people's daily food diarys..that might help

TheTravellingLemon Sat 19-Sep-15 15:48:31

Thanks, I'll pop over and have a look. I'm trying to do my online shop at the moment so I need to work out what I need.

I found a recipe for a vegetable bake that looks nice. Would be better with a shed load of cheese, but still.

Latika123 Sat 19-Sep-15 15:51:48

Google burger in a bowl, that's a big hit in this house. Even with teenagers - they have no idea it's a SW receipe

calzone Sat 19-Sep-15 15:56:00

I just plan what I would normally eat and then make it sw style.

This week is

Roasted Beetroot Risotto and salad

Roast chicken and all the trimmings

Lasagne (using cauliflower sauce for cheese sauce)

Butternut squash soup

Breaded Turkey steaks with chips and salad

Potato Mushroom cakes with vegetables

Chickpea dahl cake with mashed swede

shutupanddance Sat 19-Sep-15 15:58:16

I started yesterday. Following with interest.

overitalready Sat 19-Sep-15 16:28:26

Chicken and med veg?

I use chicken legs smother them in tomato purée, garlic salt and smoked paprika then cook them on top of a tray bake worth of courgettes, onions, peppers and baby potatoes.

Big Macs?

Make your burgers using 5% fat mince. Make your sauce with low fat seafood sauce and slithers of gherkin. Raw onion and a low fat cheese slice.

Fry up?

Slimming world sausages, roasted baby toms, tin of beans, fried eggs (which are actually cooked in water, bacon medallions and some new pots fried in low cal spray

Spag Bol?

5% mince, peppers, onions, garlic, Tom purée, herbs, tin of toms

Stir fry?

Pork medallions, any veg you fancy, noodles, balsamic vinegar and soy sauce

Chilli?

5% mince, hot chilli powder, onions, peppers, tin toms and a whole jar of jalapeños including the watery stuff in the jar

Philly cheese steak?

Fry some onions, peppers and garlic then add some cooking steak. Once all cooked pile on top of some slimming world chips then add cheese

LakeFlyPie Sat 19-Sep-15 16:35:20

I like Eats ink{http://www.slimmingeats.com/blog/\www.slimmingeats.com/blog]]/} site

We eat a lot more roast chicken than pre SW days; easy to add salad,jacket potatoes, ratatouille, etc.

I'm not a great fan of adding baked beans to things but the SW curry sauce is made in minutes and great for chucking veg or meat into for an instant curry. I add quite a bit of chilli powder so it's hot.
The recipe seems so wrong (tin each of baked beans, tinned toms, mushy peas, curry powder and chilli to taste - heat it all up and blitz) but I like it!

LakeFlyPie Sat 19-Sep-15 16:36:21

Sorry!
Slimming Eats

Dollyemi Sat 19-Sep-15 16:40:42

Does your sw group have a facebook page? Ours does and we are always swapping recipes. Diet cola chicken is lovely, the gammon and potato Rosti stack in this month's mag is really good apparently. I made best ever spaghetti bolognaise from the recipes on the sw website, lovely. I make the bacon and mushroom crustless quiche a lot and do lots of things with sw chips made of sweet potato or potato (home made burgers are gorgeous). Tuna pasta for lunch etc. now it's getting colder I will make lots of soups and casseroles in the slow cooker. I love the beef in red onion gravy with veg crush (it's the recipe for the dish they sell in Iceland, but I've always made it, don't have an Iceland near me!)

TheTravellingLemon Sat 19-Sep-15 18:03:38

These are great, thanks. Soup is a great idea, especially for lunch.

I made a quorn chilli which was actually really nice and I believe it would be free on SW.

I also did a quorn spah bol which was ok, but not as good as the chilli.

I saw on that website that overitalready recommended for a katsu curry that looked delish!

I have a set of extra dietary requirements that mean I can't do a lot of the recipes. I can't get the sausages or mince, I don't eat pork or bacon or seafood and I don't mix milk with meat. Also, meat generally for me is really expensive so I plan to do mostly green days.

Emz449 Mon 21-Sep-15 11:45:45

Another vote here for the Katsu curry!

Also check out instagram for meal ideas, i personally don't follow slimming world but some of the recipes look great and the meal ideas on instagram are very visually appealing!

TheTravellingLemon Mon 21-Sep-15 12:19:58

I just had a brainwave. I think I'll make quorn cottage pie for dinner. That sounds filling doesn't it. And if I add baked beans it will be yummy ish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now