Talk

Advanced search

Do you think obsessing about what you eat helps?

(3 Posts)
msrisotto Thu 13-Aug-15 18:44:11

Calorie counting, MFP food diaries etc?

I find it boring, although having a healthy diet is very important to me, and I wonder if it just makes you think about food all the time?

CharleyDavidson Thu 13-Aug-15 21:51:45

I try not to obsess, but I like to feel in control. I do calorie count, I do log it on an online thingie like mfp but I don't think about it constantly. I used to when I was doing WW though. I think the difference is that I'm taking the 'meal planning' way of doing things. I do sit down after I've shopped and plan my week of meals roughly. I look at the cals in my main meals and work my way backwards to what I can 'afford' for lunches or snacks.

It means that when I get in, ravenous, I know what I'm making and don't just grab something different. It also has the bonus that I'm using everything up before it has a chance to go out of date. I aim to use everything up about 2 days before it's use by date and also keep a few longer dated things in the fridge permanently. If something comes up to change plans then I'm not too rigid that I don't bend.

msrisotto Thu 13-Aug-15 21:56:19

Yes, meal planning really helps with the budget, food waste and not having to waste time thinking about what to have everyday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now