Talk

Advanced search

Quick question re:C25K

(8 Posts)
BakingCookiesAndShit Sun 09-Aug-15 19:59:54

I am unfit. Not just a little unfit, very unfit.

Is it ok to start off by walking faster rather than running for the first little while during the faster bits?

Hope that's made sense and I haven't made myself look like an utter arse!

grin

nbee84 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:03:52

Definitely - go for it. Anything that gets you moving is better for you than sitting on the sofa thinking about it grin

Wolfiefan Sun 09-Aug-15 20:05:40

Perhaps just start walking. Set a good pace and get good trainers and bra
grin
I knackered my back trying C25K

Lifeisabeach Sun 09-Aug-15 20:05:59

Yes definitely, you can build up as gradually as you need. Or you could try cutting the 1 min runs down to 30 seconds.

TeddyBear5 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:06:31

Have you tried to run it yet?

I was you back in May and I'm very very overweight and unfit. I went out and just thought I'd do my best. I did far more than I thought I would and had to walk a couple of the middle runs but by run two I could do the whole lot.

Two tips I would give you - good running shoes and go much much slower than you think you should and you will be able to go further, for longer.

Good luck.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Sun 09-Aug-15 20:07:02

Yep, long walk, tiny jog, long walk, tiny jogs is fine. The walks will get shorter and the jogs longer over time.

BakingCookiesAndShit Sun 09-Aug-15 20:29:14

Thanks everyone!

Definitely need to get off my fat ass and get moving

PumpkinsMummy Thu 13-Aug-15 09:26:09

You honestly won't need to. I am the most unfit person ever, and could barely run the length of myself. I started C25K and as long as you do everything Laura tells you, you will find you are capable of doing it. You really don't run any faster than a brisk walk anyway, as it is jogging rather than running, but the sense of achievement is amazing.

I did a 5k run after 8 weeks (I didn't religiously stick to the programme due to unrelated health probs) and was able to complete it and jog at least two thirds of it. I didn't show myself up which is the main thing.

I really want this school holiday to be over so I can get back to it. Honestly, getting out to do it is the hardest part, once you get going you will really enjoy it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now