Talk

Advanced search

Which diet?

(7 Posts)
Lictionary Sat 08-Aug-15 12:17:46

So far I have failed MFP, Slimming World, Weight Watchers and good old portion control.

I have a stressful PT job, have been pg or breastfeeding for 5.5y (and still BF) and had a complications from my second delivery which prevented me exercising. I still can't run or lift anything.

My BMI puts me at obese, and I have some emerging quite horrid health issues which are most likely due to my weight.

I was debating low carb, no sugar which when I followed it before was the only diet I have ever felt 'fit' when following - but was advised to abandon it when I was pg by my doctor and now when I start it then I feel really really unwell for days.

I have 4 stone to lose if I'm honest but 3 stone less would see me at the weight I was at between pregnancies. I am also terribly unfit.

What's my best plan? I am not able to just 'exercise willpower' as was suggested once before when I asked a few months ago. Thank you for advice in advance

Earlybird Sat 08-Aug-15 14:28:06

Low carb / high protein works for me, but I see you have had issues with that.

So, consider this a thread 'bump' in hopes that someone more helpful comes along soon. grin

Lictionary Sat 08-Aug-15 14:46:13

I'm not against low carb high protein as a plan, but wondering whether it would be effective when it's only 'lower' rather than 'low'?

Earlybird Sat 08-Aug-15 16:01:27

There is an entire topic for low-carbing on Mumsnet. Find it, and various threads, here:

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/low_carb_bootcamp

The leaders of the topic and subject 'gurus' are Biwi and SayraT. Watch for them.

I've found the threads to be a huge support - practically (recipes, etc) and motivationally. Having said that, I'm waiting for them to start a new 'Bootcamp' as I need to re-focus my eating habits and get rid of some extra weight.

Good luck, and maybe see you on the next Bootcamp session thread.

Lictionary Sat 08-Aug-15 19:37:16

5:2 is completely different to low carbing isn't it?

I have spent the evening trying to work out food for the week - it's painfully slow to cater for all of us. What usually happens is i just end up eating what they eat and hence the diet slips, or I cut out certain things but don't replace them leaving me.starving hungry

Polarmouse Sat 08-Aug-15 21:12:03

Have you thought about Paul McKenna? I have recently started the I can make you thin system and it has completely changed my eating habits. No need to worry about can't eat this, can't eat that.

Lictionary Sun 09-Aug-15 19:56:09

I thought Paul McKenna was a fraud! I'll take a look.at it although having spent time looking at the low carb options then I suspect I will go with that and try to figure it out until the Boot Camp runs properly again

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now