Talk

Advanced search

"cheat" night?

(5 Posts)
Totality22 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:51:55

Anyone else have one of these?

I have currently lost 18lb. About another 24lbs to go so still a bit of a mountain to climb

BUT I find the constant calorie counting and general restriction quite limiting... unless I have one night a week 'off plan'

I weigh-in Saturday morning and Saturday evening we either have a take away or go out to eat or have something a bit more calorific than usual (last week was spag bol with garlic bread!!), I also tend to have a glass or two of wine.

I don't have sweet stuff -my downfall are cake and biscuits-- and come Sunday morning I get back to being healthy.

I tend to stick to 80/20 rule so having 2-3 meals outside of my usual plan has thus far been fine for me.

I don't go on a major binge or anything and I find having a night off helps me stay on track the rest of the week.

I know I am still using food as a reward but if it's working then it's OK - right?

Totality22 Sat 08-Aug-15 08:55:16

strikeout fail LOL!

Meant to say I am on 1300 calories + BF'ing calories [250] and I burn between 300-500 calories per day walking. I don't do conventional exercise as I am having physio for a foot problem so walking is my limit but I walk ALOT

Baby is 6.5 months so we've started weaning and I know I am gradually going to lose my BF'ing calories but at present we are BLW and baby is having miniscule amount of food.

Off plan / cheat night I am probably closer to 2000 calories in a day!

Not2bObvious Sat 08-Aug-15 08:57:30

I think that's perfect, and well done on your 18 pound loss. Having a "cheat" allowance can make life much easier when you're on a weight loss journey, you can save it for nights out or like you've been doing enjoying a splurge on weigh in day. It's not a race, if you cut it out you won't get to the finish much quicker, in fact you may never get there as you could find yourself crumbling more often. Best of luck with the next few pounds wink

meadowquark Mon 10-Aug-15 09:48:57

Well done for your loss! American weight loss register says that those who don't do cheat days/binge periodically, maintain loss better than those who do. On the other hand, what you describe is nothing bad in my opinion.

simplydivine05 Mon 10-Aug-15 23:16:04

I am the same on a Saturday night. I still calorie count what I eat but I have a good meal that I enjoy without worrying. I still lose 1-2lbs a week and don't feel like I'm missing out. The only things I won't eat are pastry and cream as they're not worth the calories.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now