Talk

Advanced search

Struggling with Cambridge Diet

(11 Posts)
fatmumma Thu 06-Aug-15 16:30:15

Have been on CD for 6 weeks now, lost a stone now. A part of me is pleased with my progress and another part of me is thinking that most people lose a stone in a month so I should have lost more by now and I need to get my act together as CD is not cheap. blush - My consultant has set me the target of losing 3lbs for each the next two weeks hmm

I put on a pound last week. I am putting myself through a diet of shakes, bars etc and I gain a pound angry I know it was only a pound, but this a VLCD, and people lose 2-3lb a week sad I know I had a meal out with my Mum as she doesn't know about CD, but I chose chicken. One frigging pound...

Struggling with the water intake and generally feeling a bit disheartened and depressed that I am not losing weight.

part of me has thought about switching to slimming world or weight watchers but DH said he didn't want me to quit CD and feel a failure. Over the years I have tried SW and WW only to quit.

pinktrufflechoc Thu 06-Aug-15 16:31:19

That is very unusual to gain weight.

Are you in any medication, including over the counter stuff? I once gained due to Nytol believe it or not.

KungFuhrer Thu 06-Aug-15 16:33:26

Slim and save is VLCD but has tiny meals (their cheese pasta is lovely) as well as shakes, bars, soup and protein crisps. Cheaper than Cambridge too.

fatmumma Thu 06-Aug-15 16:40:48

pinkttruffle - was taking hay fever mess, but stopped taking them weeks ago

kung - DH says I should stick with CD as I've always quit diets in the past and for my own self esteem, he doesn't want me to quit this

fatmumma Thu 06-Aug-15 16:41:31

Meds not mess

pinktrufflechoc Thu 06-Aug-15 16:42:10

That is odd then.

you're not pregnant are you; the diet does boost fertility

fatmumma Thu 06-Aug-15 16:54:30

That put a smile on my face that I haven't had in a few days, no pinkttruffle, DH had snip years ago. - tbh, I think i am just feeling generally a bit down, always struggle with cabin fever in the school summer hols. We have one car, and DH has it for work.

KungFuhrer Thu 06-Aug-15 17:05:01

It could be water retention. Try upping your fluid intake.

P's, have you been taking measurements? Sometimes you can lose inches before it shows on the scales.

pinktrufflechoc Thu 06-Aug-15 17:06:26

It is really discouraging I know flowers

I would check:

Are scales accurate
Fluid (try not to drink before a weigh in)
Gross but constipation?

ThoseAwfulCurtains Thu 06-Aug-15 17:12:13

I stopped losing weight completely on CD for weeks on end - well over a month iirc. The consultant clearly didn't believe it was possible but I followed it to the letter.

After I went back on it a year or so later, I stalled again at exactly the same weight - again for weeks.

It really buggered up my metabolism in the end and I wouldn't say it's for everyone. It's taken a long time and a lot of exercise to get to the point where I don't put on weight just by smelling food smile

fatmumma Thu 06-Aug-15 17:31:33

kung - finding it hard to drink enough waters day in, day out. Especially now I'm at home all day. Easier when I was at work as had bottles of water on my desk

curtains I hear you, I've certainly had some unpleasant side effects blush but all seems to be settled down now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now