Talk

Advanced search

what do you have for breakfast?

(13 Posts)
flanjabelle Thu 06-Aug-15 07:55:20

I have found my perfect breakfast. Two eggs, lightly scrambled so they are creamy and delicious, on top of two pieces of really nice Bavarian ham. it is immensly satisfying and keeps me from feeling hungry until lunch. comes in at 208 calories.

I used to eat sugary cereals and would be starving by 10am. I'm really pleased!

What do you have?

DeliveredByKiki Thu 06-Aug-15 07:58:38

Nothing, I'm fine til lunch on just black coffee. If I eat breakfast I'm hungry by 10am no matter what it is and then eat more throughout the day

LemonPied Thu 06-Aug-15 08:03:23

At the weekend I whisk up six eggs, 125ml of milk and pepper and pour into a bun tray, add some veggies, bit of meat or something (this week is red pepper) bang in the oven and store in a Tupperware. Makes 18, I have three each work morning so lasts me the full week.

flanjabelle Thu 06-Aug-15 08:13:22

Ooh lemon that sounds brilliant.

GobblersKnob Thu 06-Aug-15 08:18:11

Protein shake
Raw hemp
Soy milk
Banana
Raspberries
Golden syrup

Is many calories, about 500? But then I have lunch and dinner of about 350 each.

I am starving in the morning and need to start the day with a bang grin

eckythumpenallthat Thu 06-Aug-15 08:21:38

Today I has one slice of wholemeal toast with a tbsp of cashew butter, topped with half a banana and tiiiiiiiny drizzle of honey with a cup of green tea

Really needed something carby today

eckythumpenallthat Thu 06-Aug-15 08:22:42

Mine came in at 183kcal

gotredonyou Thu 06-Aug-15 11:23:31

If I have done exercise first thing I follow it with carbs and protein (scrambled eggs on toast/protein porridge or pancakes etc.) if not I tend to keep it low carb with an omelette or greek yoghurt, berries & nuts/seeds.
At the weekend when I have a bit more time I often have bacon, eggs & tomatoes as a brunch.

lastqueenofscotland Thu 06-Aug-15 11:32:39

Never hungry in the morning, if we have really nice bread I'll have a bit of toast

hstar1995 Thu 06-Aug-15 11:53:56

It depends on how I feel really, any one of the following -

2 scrambled eggs on wholemeal toast
1 egg omlette
Fruit and yogurt
Overnight oats
Smoothie

Dont really stick to a certain amount of calories for breakfast, although if I have a big breakfast like scrambled eggs on toast, I'm not that hungry for lunch so have a small salad. Likewise, if I have a small breakfast like a banana I have a bigger lunch like an omlette or pasta. I do need breakfast though, I'm usually hungry in the morning and I exercise in the mornings so need some fuel smile

Anerak Thu 06-Aug-15 11:59:48

A pastry and a milky coffee preferably

Anerak Thu 06-Aug-15 12:04:18

And I am 50 kilos - it's always about balance. I have found fresh ingredients and additive free living and light exercise related to day to day living are key to weight loss/maintaining a healthy weight, maybe also an aerobics class a week. No calorie restricting. Every body processes food differently so calorie counting only helps a group of people with a very specific body type. Listen to your body. Learn what works for it. Avoid faddy diets they can lead to allegies and health issues.

calzone Fri 07-Aug-15 23:34:17

Bacon and eggs
Fruit platter
Overnight oats
Crunchy Bran
Grape Nuts and yoghurt

are all favourites of mine. I love breakfast. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now