Talk

Advanced search

Best way to lose a few lbs and fit into tight jeans in 3 days?

(39 Posts)
kazzawazzawo0 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:04:05

I'm going away this weekend and although I've kept meaning to lose weight, I've been struggling, as I'm working long hours at the moment and have no time to exercise. Before I was walking my dog for two hours a day and due to not doing this for a month I've put on half a stone (it's probably also due to eating biscuits because I've no time to prepare food at lunchtime!).

I'm going away for the weekend to visit my boyfriend and just want to feel a bit happier about myself and fit into my jeans which are a bit tight.

Is there anything that will help quickly to shake off a few lbs and help me get into those jeans? I'm between a size 14 and 16, like I said very sedentary lifestyle due to working at a desk long hours at the moment, literally from 7.30 a.m. to 10 p.m. (self employed working from home).

I've read that drinking lots of water is good for you. Obviously I need to stay off the biscuits and chocolate. Grateful for any more suggestions that might help.

Thanks smile

Bostin Wed 05-Aug-15 18:05:27

You could do an egg fast. Google it. It will work but very hard to stick to.

Hopelass Wed 05-Aug-15 18:06:43

Epsom salts in the bath can get rid of any water retention by reverse osmosis. Put a few handfuls in a warm bath and stay in for at least 20mins.

PurpleDaisies Wed 05-Aug-15 18:10:21

I think realistically 3 days is too short to manage anything meaningful in terms of weight loss. If you're feeling a bit low about your appearance why not do something like get a facial, or eyebrow shape or a hair cut? I'm sure your boyfriend won't notice if you've put a little bit of weight on...he will more than likely just be thrilled to see you.

kazzawazzawo0 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:10:44

I do eat a lot of eggs, so I might manage that. I have scrambled egg for breakfast every morning. Will I smell at the weekend though blush?

I've not heard that about Epsom salts, I don't have any though, can I use seasalt, or does it have to be epsom salts?

luis1989 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:11:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

kazzawazzawo0 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:12:03

Thanks Purple, I know you're right and he will be thrilled, I just wanted to feel a bit better about myself and also fit into the jeans, they're my only decent ones! It's the overhang muffin top that is annoying me.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:12:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:13:44

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:14:53

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:16:18

Hopelass Wed 05-Aug-15 18:17:30

Sea salt can be used but you need lots of it! About 500g - 1kg in a deep bath

TRexingInAsda Wed 05-Aug-15 18:17:54

Honestly 3 days is pushing it. The only way I think you'll notice anything is losing a bit of bloat and a bit of fat, so drink loads of water, eat practically nothing (salad/veg soup or something if you're starving), and if you have time do an exercise video (or whatever you can) as much as possible. You might lose 5lbs if you put you're all into it and then some. It'd be a good kick start for a proper program afterwards though. Good luck.

cuntycowfacemonkey Wed 05-Aug-15 18:18:06

Go carb free for a few days and lots of water, please don't waste your money on forever living plans.

kazzawazzawo0 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:20:42

Thanks Mermaid smile What did you have for breakfast?

kazzawazzawo0 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:29:07

Thanks, I'm not going to buy any diet plans, I'm far too sceptical grin

Carb free? So no potatoes, bread, rice, pasta? Am I ok with scrambled egg for breakfast, stirfry for lunch with chicken and a splash of soya sauce, then meat and veg for tea, lots of water inbetween?

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:29:13

kazzawazzawo0 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:31:51

Oh! OK ... Not sure I could manage that ... maybe if I had lunch quite early, say at noon, I could get through the day.

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:32:56

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:33:33

GnocchiGnocchiWhosThere Wed 05-Aug-15 18:34:09

nancy75 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:34:34

I lots 11 pounds in a week on low carb. I had scrambled egg for breakfast, grilled chicken & salad for lunch and fish/steak/chicken & salad for dinner no fizzy drinks at all and lots of water. It is a bloody boring diet but it does work.

Nonnainglese Wed 05-Aug-15 18:36:32

add a handful of sea salt to the soup?
hmm
Yep! Vomiting for 48 hours would help!

Kleptronic Wed 05-Aug-15 18:37:04

I vote for the egg fast, I shifted 3lbs in 3 days on it and fitted into my dress for a wedding. I was already low carbing, so you'll lose more through shedding water too. My carb-retained water had already gone.

You have to really mean it though! I didn't smell either grin

kazzawazzawo0 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:51:46

Eggs or low carb seem to be the way to go then ..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now