Talk

Advanced search

Herbalife

(11 Posts)
Tracyrave Wed 05-Aug-15 13:07:26

Hi does anyone know if it is worth becoming a herbalife Distributor I need some extra income but really don't know much about it what our your opions please all help appreciated even about the product itself ;)

FannyFifer Wed 05-Aug-15 13:08:15

Pyramid scheme.

MissBattleaxe Wed 05-Aug-15 13:09:15

I would have my doubts. It's Multi Level Marketing, which is a legal version of pyramid selling IMO. I would find something else if I were you but don't get sucked in by Forever Living either ( see several threads elsewhere on MN about these schemes)

Tracyrave Wed 05-Aug-15 13:09:19

Do you think it is worth doing?

Tracyrave Wed 05-Aug-15 13:13:02

Thank you they make it look so easy on video how promoting shakes etc

FannyFifer Wed 05-Aug-15 13:14:36

Your friends and family will end up hating you & you won't make much money.

Pommes Wed 05-Aug-15 13:16:50

I totally agree with Fifer.
My aunt did it.

PurpleDaisies Wed 05-Aug-15 13:17:45

It is really dodgy. This article from the Telegraph last year sums it up.

www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/10935129/Herbalife-boasts-big-rewards-for-sellers-but-is-it-a-pyramid-scheme.html

MissBattleaxe Wed 05-Aug-15 14:09:50

Herbalife and Forever Living promote the technique of selling to friends and family. Friends and family all end up feeling obliged to buy one product and then the more evangelical and pressured you get, they start backing away so they don't have to get the hard sell from you anymore.

I would never do Herbalife or FL because I would die of embarrassment doing a sales pitch to those closest to me. Both schemes promise riches but are very cagey when asked directly about exact amounts you will make.

Tracyrave Wed 05-Aug-15 17:52:08

Thank you ladies i have decided to give it a miss after your help :0)

MissBattleaxe Wed 05-Aug-15 21:57:59

Good decision!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now