Talk

Advanced search

Weight. Dont know what to do or where to start.

(16 Posts)
Jessiesmumma15 Tue 04-Aug-15 00:17:15

Hey ladies,

This might be a long story but please continue reading....

Okay so I fell pregnant in 2012, while being pregnant I got a severe cases of SPD �� This left me in crutches for about 9 months including before and after my pregnancy... Anyways I was a fit and healthy size ten before falling pregnant... I had quite a large chest size of 34F... So during my pregnancy and after I couldnt walk, I had help for dressing, showering, cooking etc.

My man worked odd hours and odd shifts, so he couldn't always be home to cook for me when I was in extreme pain and left unable to walk.... So I resorted to takeaways and fizzy juice....lots of it... Plus as soon as I fell pregnant I stopped smoking... But after giving birth I was a rather large size 18... I still couldn't do things right and had to leave my job and take a year to recover and get my hips back to normal... After that year I went back to college to help ease the depression I had and meet new friends... During the course of a year and a half I've tried numerous diets, exercise plans.. etc and I can't stick to any or seem to make a difference in my head... Since having my implant put in I've gained a further two stone that I cant seem to shift..... I started smoking again after my daughter was born due to my depression after being off them for 15 months... I'm now a size 20 with 38JJ breasts... I want to loose my weight and be happy again...

But I don't know where to start....
What to do...
What foods to eat since I'm so fussy...

I need help...

No one here understands....

Help this fake smile is becoming too hard to keep up now xx

GarminGirl Tue 04-Aug-15 00:45:22

What do you mean about being fussy?

Jessiesmumma15 Tue 04-Aug-15 10:03:34

Well for example with fruit and veg....

Call I can eat is grapes, apples, onion, lettuce, mushrooms and spring onions.

That's about it the rest, I really don't like unless it's softened and in a casserole or sauce of some sort xx

GarminGirl Tue 04-Aug-15 10:07:19

Oh dear

Well the good news is you can learn to like other fruits and veg! They will become your best friends when eating healthier

What's a typical days menu?

SerialBox Tue 04-Aug-15 10:17:47

Have you considered weight watchers? I know it's not for everyone but I like the fact I have to log every food. With the weekly points you can still have a treat at the weekend or small ones every day.

The website has a lot of advice, recipes etc. You can also put your own in to figure out points, it's really easy.

Buy the hairy dieters book for recipes which taste amazing but as long as you stick to portion sizes healthy and low in fat. I was starving for the first week but it was my body adjusting. I'm actually eating more food than I ever have but its the right kind of food and I'm losing weight.

I ideally want to go from a size 12-14 to a comfortable 10. But mostly I just want to feel comfortable and healthy. My weight has crept up 2 stone since having DD but if I'm honest I wasn't massively happy with my figure before I fell pregnant. I've never been happy with my figure though, not even when I was a size 10. Body image is something I'm trying to work on too.

fithealthylucy Tue 04-Aug-15 19:24:30

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ErrolTheDragon Tue 04-Aug-15 19:36:32

'I really don't like unless it's softened and in a casserole or sauce'

So soften it and have it in a casserole or sauce (or as a soup, blended if you don't like the texture). smile

There are loads of different approaches to losing weight, just a matter of finding the one that suits you that is sustainable. Some people like using MFP (My Fitness Pal app) - essentially log calories/exercise versus what you should be eating for your height/weight/activity level. The one that suits me is 5:2 - I've been doing it over 2 years, lost most of what I wanted to and now its a very easy way to keep it off/whittle down a little more fat without losing muscle. (If you're interested have a read of the support thread on that topic.)

luis1989 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:18:33

luis1989 Wed 05-Aug-15 18:18:55

ErrolTheDragon Wed 05-Aug-15 18:38:10

Ignore those... the spammer has been deleted and I think is now banned, probably takes MNHQ a few minutes to clean up.

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Wed 05-Aug-15 18:59:55

luis DFOD

DrHarleenFrancesQuinzel Wed 05-Aug-15 19:01:20

And that will teach me to leave an open tab for ages

Jessiesmumma15 Thu 06-Aug-15 19:54:14

I've no idea what the comments that have been removed said.. But I assume some bashing of some sort...

Anyways sat down and thought real long and hard...

Not bought any cigarettes since and went shopping and bought a healthy shop...

So far so good xx

KetchupIsNearlyAVegetable Thu 06-Aug-15 19:57:39

You were slim before you got pregant. Can you do what you used to back then? It obviously worked for you.

fiverabbits Thu 06-Aug-15 20:13:53

My DH was really obese but has joined Weightwatchers (only man in his group ) and lost 3.5 stone in 8 weeks. He doesn't do veg except raw carrots and peas. He is 64 years old and has never been on a diet even for one day. He has 2 knee replacements, one of which isn't right and cannot go swimming due to ulcers on his legs. My DD started before him and has lost 4 stone in 18 weeks, this is her second time, she put on a lot of weight being on AD's. Even my DS who is normal weight and I have lost weight because we have had no chips, roast potatoes etc for the last 8 weeks. My DH has now starting walking round the park for an hour every other day.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 06-Aug-15 21:43:15

Jessie, no the deleted posts weren't 'bashing', they were just a spammer advertising an expensive fad diet contrary to talk guidelines.

Glad you're making a good start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now