Talk

Advanced search

please help me

(6 Posts)
chumbler Mon 03-Aug-15 02:30:34

Ive been trying to write this for weeks but feel like I maybe don't want to face up to how bad I am. I'm very greedy and have a huge sweet tooth. even when we don't buy treats I end up finding something, e.g. eating from the chocolate spread jar adding toffee sauce and sea salt blush I snack all day with cups of decaf tea and coffee (Im on mat and ebf), and always talk myself into thinking I deserve a "treat" - if I ate less dinner / it's the weekend, dh had some... I feel so gluttonous and guilty all the time. I think I need someone to shove me in the right direction.

I'm a few pounds "officially" overweight, would like to lose at least a stone to finally get out of that zone I seem to be in of being slightly overweight / chubby / just plain fat. I recently had a baby so one of my excuses is not to be so hard on myself but what kind of example am I to a baby once we start weaning? and since when did eating healthily become a choice? I need to sort myself out. I can't do anything faddy as I ebf and want to change my eating habits for life. what can I do? any books? or advice? I know I need to start exercising tooblush

please help me

GarminGirl Mon 03-Aug-15 10:41:31

A new routine maybe?

Plan a daily walk with the baby
Have good snacks to hand.... Cucumber sticks/cooked chicken/red pepper sticks. It sounds a bit like a sugar addiction to me, mixed in with boredom from being at home

Try drinking more water?

chumbler Mon 03-Aug-15 10:54:09

yeah definitely need to walk more.

I think you're right about it being a sugar addiction, I read a the poison sugar book but couldn't face it sad

Twinklestar2 Mon 03-Aug-15 10:56:06

I find having cooked chicken in the fridge really handy as something to grab.

I'm on maternity leave too and I think its easier to lose weight at home rather than at work when there is always someone's birthday or temptation to go to lunch!

chumbler Mon 03-Aug-15 13:38:28

thanks. you're right about mat being easier - need to take advantage of it!

BIWI Mon 03-Aug-15 15:26:44

Decide what plan you're going to follow (i.e. are you going to calorie count, do low fat or do low carb, etc), then plan your meals for the week.

Get rid of any food in the house that doesn't fit your chosen plan, so you don't have the temptation.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now