Talk

Advanced search

diets to help with pcos weight gain

(3 Posts)
motherofmonster Sun 02-Aug-15 01:03:39

I have pcos. In short it means my body finds it hard to regulate insulin. I recently lost 3 atone but have stupidly put it all back on. I'm so ducking angry with myself. I've stopped going out as I am ashamed to meet people as I am so embarrassed about how terrible I look.
Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated. I feel so low at the moment. And don't seem to have any get up and go. Every night I go to bed and think how much better life would be if I was slimmer. How much happier I was thinner but then the next day I just eat more shit. It's a vicious circle that I can't seem to get out of... help please

KrevlornswathoftheDeathwokClan Sun 02-Aug-15 09:15:28

How did you lose it last time? What is your big weakness. I gave Pcos and mine was chocolate, crisps and pizza. I am doing strict calorie counting and occasionally will save up calories for a pizza and it feels like a treat which is nice. Before I would just eat pizza three times a week with a big bar of chocolate as pudding.

BIWI Mon 03-Aug-15 15:40:51

Low carbing works really well for PCOS because it's all about keeping blood sugar levels stable - aka reducing insulin production by the body.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now