Talk

Advanced search

Shopping with DP *cries*

(10 Posts)
KrevlornswathoftheDeathwokClan Fri 31-Jul-15 20:24:52

So went to pick up some bits and bobs at the supermarket. I got a few healthy things.

DP got: 4 Mars bars, a big bar of galaxy, chocolate milkshake and two packs of Pringles.

I have been calorie counting and going to the gym for two weeks now and have loads to lose (around 6 stone blush ). As I was under my calorie limit for the day, I ate 5 Pringles when we got in which I feel was very restrained.

I am going to put all the crap in his office where I can't see it.

That has been my big challenge today. Anyone else had something to resist?

pippistrelle Sat 01-Aug-15 14:53:38

Not very supportive of him - deliberate, or just thoughtless? You did well to resist.

KrevlornswathoftheDeathwokClan Sat 01-Aug-15 20:49:49

He is supporting by not eating smelly food. He has given up takeaways and KFC etc. I can cope better with stuff that does not smell but it was a bit much yesterday.

MelanieCheeks Sat 01-Aug-15 20:51:39

Is he dieting too?

KrevlornswathoftheDeathwokClan Sat 01-Aug-15 20:54:01

No he's not dieting. Irritatingly he lost weight recently without trying at all and still eating crap while I have to fight every pound off.

SweetAndFullOfGrace Sat 01-Aug-15 20:55:07

How old is he? I don't know anyone over the age of 20 who still eats like that. Is there anything else he does that's teenage? confused

NoahVale Sat 01-Aug-15 21:00:53

yes, had to resist crisps, in favour of a banana. Proud of myself.
and I have to cook quite late for DC but couldnt wait so cooked and ate already

pinkyredrose Sat 01-Aug-15 21:05:45

Urgh that's a horrid load of cheap crap he's bought boak. Hate to think what the inside of his body looks like. Seriously though OP that's pretty inconsiderate of him.

KrevlornswathoftheDeathwokClan Sat 01-Aug-15 21:09:30

He works from home at odd hours due to overseas calls. He often only eats one proper meal a day which I cook. Otherwise he will just eat snack food. I think he doesn't actually eat that much on terms of quantity each day.

My temptation today was I spent 4 hours in the pub with some old friends. I had one glass of wine and stuck to tea and diet coke the rest of the time. smile

Jenda Sat 01-Aug-15 21:11:33

I went to afternoon tea and snacked on salad and avoided the huge scones and clotter cream.

oh wait, that's what I was MEANT to do blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now