Talk

Advanced search

How can I lose the most weight in 9 weeks?

(9 Posts)
MoonageDaydreams Mon 27-Jul-15 23:37:14

I really need to lose as much as I possibly can in 9 weeks, just been invited on holiday and I feel shit! Am 14 stone.

Really don't want to mess about just as much as possible any way possible!

80sMum Mon 27-Jul-15 23:45:59

A friend has been on a low carb/high fat diet for a few months and has lost loads of weight. In the first 9 weeks I think she lost about 25lbs.
She actually wasn't on the diet for weight loss, but was advised to try it as part of the treatment for Type 2 Diabetes. To date she's lost about 4 stone.

PoptartPoptart Tue 28-Jul-15 08:29:01

You can lose 2 stone in that time on a VLCD diet, such as Slim&Save, Exante, etc. you can order the food packs online, no weekly class to attend. It's very hard but it works if you stick to it.

stolemyusername Tue 28-Jul-15 08:32:10

Low carb! I've been diagnosed with gestational diabetes so have had to really cut down on carbs and weigh less now at 32 weeks than I did when I first got pregnant, I'd say I have lost 4-5kg in the 4 weeks I have been following it, but guess I would've lost more if the baby hadn't been gaining.

GarminGirl Tue 28-Jul-15 10:56:52

I vote low carb too!

MoonageDaydreams Wed 29-Jul-15 15:53:00

Poptart, I have to save money for my holidays so can't afford a VLCD right now.

Low carb it is then, will get started!

Thanks guys

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Wed 29-Jul-15 15:58:30

you can do a VLCD fairly cheaply - I've bought a big tub of diet whey protein powder, and exante meals, think it's cost £65 or so for the month... (not to actually start...)

GummyBunting Wed 29-Jul-15 16:04:24

Whatever diet you do, I advise taking up weight lifting.

The denser your muscle is, the more energy they use up at rest. So you will burn more calories throughout the day if you're weight lifting.

toffeeboffin Thu 30-Jul-15 17:25:49

Low carb, high protein, no alcohol, lots of fat to keep you full. Loads of water.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now