Talk

Advanced search

motivation please?? juice diet?

(5 Posts)
lovethisheat Sat 25-Jul-15 21:15:59

I've been trying so hard, am going on holiday with new bf in 4 weeks. I've done lots of cardio this week, am trying to cut out the cr*p but haven't lost any weight. Only want to lose 7lbs. Losing motivation and not sure what to try now - a juice detox diet? Any recommendations please? Thank you! Please help me to keep going!

TalkinPeace Sat 25-Jul-15 21:34:21

What are you eating?
How much do you have to lose?

Anything with "diet" in the name is destined to fail.

Strict self discipline for 4 weeks and 7-8 lb should be doable : but you have to work with your body, not against it.

lovethisheat Sat 25-Jul-15 22:04:18

I'm one stone heavier than I was 2 years ago (divorced since then and I eat when stressed). Would be happy to lose half of that! It's just so hard to be disciplined.
I find it hard to be motivated to cook meals for just myself (when the kids aren't here), and so I usually resort to carbs and chocolate. Therein lies my problem sad

TalkinPeace Sat 25-Jul-15 22:15:16

Hmm.

Have a look at the 5:2 threads ....
you need to stop snacking
if needs be skip a meal rather than eat crap

if you do not have the kids around, take the opportunity to eat uber healthy spicy salads that they would go hmm at

when they are around, go for high protein high nutrient meals where they have carbs but you have extra veg

and all of you ditch the snacks and sugar

write a mood / food diary when stressed.
then eat if you still need to.

lovethisheat Sat 25-Jul-15 22:30:07

thank you….going to look at the 5:2 threads now and make a plan x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now