Talk

Advanced search

Frumpy overweight mum looking to change - need a buddy!

(42 Posts)
Shellsuitnheels Fri 24-Jul-15 08:36:42

Hello!
Does anyone else spend ages looking through Pinterest and instagram for inspiration but never do anything to actually change your life?
Well, today is the day i start my transformation into a fit, confident, stylish woman! Does anyone want to join me? I need a friend with a sense of humour who is determined to change their life too smile

I'm married, 33, have 1yr old and 2 yr old boys, need to lose about 3 stone.

I've just had chocolate cake for breakfast and said my goodbyes, ready for the new me!

Shellsuitnheels Fri 24-Jul-15 08:44:35

Oh and if you are into dance music too, I will love you forever! grin

Maximo1 Fri 24-Jul-15 12:01:37

Me, me, me! I am a classic "I'm gonna" girl! I'm gonna lose weight, I'm gonna cut down on the wine, I'm gonna clear out my wardrobe! I then settle down to a takeaway a bottle of wine and worry that the ceiling will cave in due to the weight of my wardrobe.

I need to lose 2 and a half stone. I know some of it is still baby weight, I gave birth six weeks ago and have a two year old and s half year old who I'm trying to potty train.

I go back to work in December and want to go back looking fabulous and swishy.

What are your plans diet and exercise wise?

P.s I'm an indie fan I'm afraid so I won't be loved forever sad

PersisFord Sat 25-Jul-15 20:34:12

Me!!

I am 34, have a 6 week old baby <fistbump to maximo>, and a toddler.

I weigh 76.6kg. This is too fat for me and I look rotten. I would LOVE to weigh 65.....

I am also really frumpy in many other ways - need a haircut, haven't worn makeup since I stopped work, wear grubby maternity clothes and smell of breastmilk. I need help!!

I have joined my fitness pal, I think just plain old eating less is the way for me. Exercise is difficult as don't have much childcare support at the moment, and I am knackered from the kids.

What's the deal? Do we do weekly weigh ins? Food diaries? I am up for it, whatever.

PersisFord Sat 25-Jul-15 20:35:34

Oh, and I agree - I spend all my night feeds browsing for some miracle clothes that will make me look slim. When actually, what would make me look slim is....losing weight!!

rolypolydoll Sat 25-Jul-15 21:24:25

I will join you if that's ok. 33 as well, 4 &1 yr olds, 1 yr old just started sleeping a bit better so might have a chance now at trying to eat better and get some exercise. Had a crap food day today and feel like I desperately need to sort it out- I cannot spend the rest of my life 3 stone over weight! What are you ladies planning on doing? I've tried all sorts and failed at everything!

PersisFord Sat 25-Jul-15 22:26:25

I am going to weigh myself every day (even though my scales are really random and I often move them around the bathroom until I get a good result). And I will track everything I eat and tell you all how many calories per day. What are the rest of you planning?

Anyone know anything about dieting whilst breastfeeding?

Have loads of crisps and cake in the house after a barbecue at the weekend. The only way I could stop myself eating it was just to come to bed!!

Shellsuitnheels Sun 26-Jul-15 07:51:01

Hi Ladies!!!
Would anyone be up for a little private facebook group?
Diet wise im just cutting out sugar and white carbs. I did a low gi diet a few years ago and dropped 2 stone like a boss ��
I'll also be doing a basic crossfit workout in my living room once boys are in bed or exercise bike followed by a relaxing yoga dvd.
This is my 2 week plan and then i'll change up the routine.
Will also use myfitnesspal.

Shellsuitnheels Sun 26-Jul-15 07:53:28

Oh and maximo i will still love you for your indie music smile

Shellsuitnheels Sun 26-Jul-15 08:09:02

Ok, ive created a group called Fit Mums (crap name, will change later!). If you pm me your names I will add you to the group x

BabyNeedsChocolate Sun 26-Jul-15 09:16:32

I'm 36 with a 3.5 month old baby. Currently 10st 7 and would like to be between 9st and 9st 7 (pre-pregnancy weight). I'm going to do a low-carb - a week on the Harcombe diet and then Pig2Twig - and exercise at least twice a week (and get out with the buggy for an hour a day). And I will weigh myself every day. Should possibly change my username... I decided the baby needed chocolate when I was pregnant but suspect that was not strictly true...

Shellsuitnheels Sun 26-Jul-15 09:33:44

Changed the group name to fit mums (mumsnet) so anyone can find it and request to join x

Maximo1 Sun 26-Jul-15 09:52:29

Eurgh I had my first night out last night and feel vile!! I'm writing today off and starting with the fabulousness tomorrow!

If ever I needed some motivation then last night was it. I'm only 34 yet felt old, frumpy and fat compared to everyone else. How does everyone else manage to look so effortlessly stylish and I look like a try hard! I thought I looked quite nice before I went out then saw all the young uns and immediately felt stupid!

Need to do something about this dire situation double quick.

doublechocchip Sun 26-Jul-15 09:54:26

I'll join too please although I need to lose about 4 stoneconfused. Lost almost 2 since the beginning of the year but lots to go! Also doing couch to 5k at the mo on week 5. Will search for group now.

Maximo1 Sun 26-Jul-15 10:11:48

Double that's a fantastic start to your weight loss well done.

Can't find the fb page but will keep looking.

My plan is also to cut out the bread and pasta. I know that they don't agree with me and give me a face like a puffy puffer fish but toast is just so easy and delicious! I do go for a walk most days but it's hardly power walking with a 2 year old in tow.
Think I am also going to try start running this week although I am slightly scared to go. Stupid I know but feel like I have lost all my confidence since having the baby and worry a lot about what people think of me.

Anyway looking forward to the next couple of months and fingers crossed getting me back.

crazytyke Sun 26-Jul-15 10:24:50

You're all right up my street!

can't find FB group angry

GREYCROW Sun 26-Jul-15 10:33:03

Please! Determined to start tomorrow... Once I get into low carbing I drop quickly but I just can't find my determination or keep my mouth shut! I'm 36, two children 8 and 6.

weechops Sun 26-Jul-15 10:33:46

You sound like my kind of people!! I'm once again deciding to do something about my weight! Maybe having a group in the same boat will helpsmile
I'm 35, have an 8 yo, 5yo, 19month old and ttc again. She works away from home so trying to find time to exercise is a bit
difficult.

shellsuit I love dance music!! Late 90's was my era and it never fails to put a smile on my face grin

weechops Sun 26-Jul-15 10:35:10

Hmmm 'she' should have read 'dh' lol. He's away 3 months at a time.

Oh and I have around 2 1/2 stone to lose

QuietIsland Sun 26-Jul-15 10:45:23

I'm 44, have a six year old and want a normal bmi which would be 68 KGS for my height. Have been 77.8 at the beginning of July - now 75 KGS despite being away on holiday. Never lost the baby weight (was 67kgs) - have tons of jeans that fitted me then in storage!

Jenni2legs Sun 26-Jul-15 10:49:14

Hello! Can I join? 11 week old baby, 5yo dd and 9yo ds, 2 stone to lose to look normal, 3 to look fabulous wink
I had a section and appear to be healing very slowly as it still hurts. Ordered myself a Hello Fresh box to come this week (I had a code for £20 off, too pricey without). Which should kick my cooking into gear. One week in to the school holidays and I've eaten so much crisps, cake and crap already. Not good for me OR the kiddos so need to buck up my ideas grin

Shellsuitnheels Sun 26-Jul-15 11:07:37

Should mentiin, the group id private so none of your friends will see what you post and you can restrict your profile too x

Shellsuitnheels Sun 26-Jul-15 11:25:43

Sorry just seen your replies.
Here's the link to the group:
m.facebook.com/groups/866062046763354?ref=bookmarks

Hope it works x

mrsnewfie Sun 26-Jul-15 11:33:15

Oh yes please!
I jump from one diet to the next but never give any of them a chance and never lose anything sad.
I can't fit into any nice clothes and I'm starting a new job in September so would like to look half decent. I can't bring myself to buy the next size up!
Would love to join the fb group.

bringmelaughter Sun 26-Jul-15 13:33:47

I've requested to join. This is just what I need. Am off on mat leave with 4 month old and also have a 3 year old.

I'm 2 1/2 stones over my weight before children with grey hairs appearing in my always tied back hair and face has forgotten what make up is.

I also want to return to work gorgeous and swishy so lots of work to do.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now