Talk

Advanced search

Setting myself up for success

(13 Posts)
WardenessOfTheNorth Wed 22-Jul-15 13:35:27

Ive taken "before" photos in readiness for my success story.

Was horrible but hoping I will actually get to use them side by side with my svelte less lumpy new body.

Positive thoughts to everyone.

DreamingOfADifferentMe Thu 23-Jul-15 14:34:20

Seriously brave move wardeness, I doff my cap to you. I've just come from a week's holiday and trust me, the family camera is practically groaning with the number of photos of me where I look utterly dreadful, but inspired by you, I might take some before pics in my gym kit (oh the irony) to keep referring back to...

I'm loving your positive mindset though, and here's to your success story!

DownWithThisTypeOfThing Thu 23-Jul-15 14:53:43

Oh yes! Im so motivated by before and after pictures on blogs/reddit/instagram etc. I might put my own up when I'm further into my journey.

I took one before picture, but annoyingly it was actually flattering! No idea how that happened believe me!

IWorshipSatin Thu 23-Jul-15 15:07:02

I too have some before pictures. I had a whole nightmare as I took them on my phone but they appeared on the ipad for all and sundry (DH) to see.
Even deleting them made no difference they just kept coming back aaaaarrggghh!

I ended up emailing them to myself and then burning the ipad. grin

WardenessOfTheNorth Thu 23-Jul-15 17:31:00

Satin grin

I'm very protective over my phone now as I don't want DH to see them. He is love blind but a real, all angles photo might open his eyes!

Letmegetanamechange Thu 23-Jul-15 18:39:34

Wardeneness well done, take more pictures so you can be reminded how far you've come!

I found some old "before" pictures I'd taken on my laptop and then forgot about them. I found them when I was 5 stone lighter and stuck them side by side. I'd never really felt there was much difference but damn there really was! I remember saying to my sister "why didn't you tell me I looked like that!?"

Unfortunately I am now actually HEAVIER than I was in the before picture. The new picture I have is me wearing a more forgiving dress (it floats out over the tummy. I look 6 months pregnant but at least you can't see the outline of my 2 pouches!)

Letmegetanamechange Thu 23-Jul-15 18:40:34

PS I should spell check my posts, I got your username wrong! Sorry confused

WardenessOfTheNorth Thu 23-Jul-15 19:33:38

I think it will be a good year before I can take after photos. sad

WardenessOfTheNorth Thu 23-Jul-15 19:34:04

Letme you will do it again grin

Letmegetanamechange Thu 23-Jul-15 19:52:03

Mess up your username? Most likely grin

Be able to take a good "after" picture? I bloody well hope so!! I'm reading my motivational running book and I'm literally itching to get out the door and try it! Only I'm home alone with DD and I don't have any headphones so I wouldn't be able to listen to C25K!

Do you think I could take an after picture now and just breathe in?? I think that would work. Well yes my boobs would get pushed out and I'd look like a robot but my stomach would look smaller and that would be a good visual grin

If I knew anything about photoshop I'd have a go at that but alas, the most photo editing I do is a filter on Instagram!!

WardenessOfTheNorth Thu 23-Jul-15 20:46:05

Yes! Lots of breathing in and a pair of Spanx!

AnyoneForTennis Thu 23-Jul-15 20:56:44

Why don't you use a tape measure to take your measurements as well?

WardenessOfTheNorth Thu 23-Jul-15 21:58:14

Measuring would definitely help. I don't know about you guys but I get very despondent if the scales don't budge.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now