Talk

Advanced search

Starting a diet tomorrow. Anyone care to join?

(22 Posts)
SlayZ Tue 21-Jul-15 21:20:46

Hellooooo!

I was doing really well until my birthday which I celebrated for a while seven days of eating. I gained 2kg.

My total goal is 10kg. Well, closer to 11-12 now.

I have a binge eating problem and had it under control until last Monday. When it slowly diminished and I was a woman possessed from Friday to today.

If you need help (like I do) and a big push please join me gringringrin

AnyoneForTennis Tue 21-Jul-15 22:29:02

I'm clean eating again

And exercising! I've put on a stone since April when I ran London Marathon! Obviously there's no more training so I've fallen off the wagon a bit

SlayZ Wed 22-Jul-15 06:07:35

Congratulations on doing the marathon!!! Was your body craving food after all the hard work?

I'm doing clean eating. I wanted to exercise this morning but DD has an awful cough so sleepless night means I cannot be bothered with a jog!

Hazchem Wed 22-Jul-15 06:52:19

Me. I've been on a diet fir several weeks and keep falling off the wagon. Like daily falling off. I over eat, I know I over eat, I know when I'm doing it and I think I know why but I don't stop.
I have about 40 kilos to lose.
I'm also struggle with multiple foot issues and while I'm seeking treatment it's making me very sedentary. I also think I'm a bit addicted to social media which leads me to sitting on the couch.
I've over shared haven't i?

ijustwanttobeme Wed 22-Jul-15 07:10:59

I'd like to join please.

Was on the LC boot camp, but lost motivation.

Will LC and exercise.

Have just under a stone to lose.

Are we checking in meals etc or just posting how day went blah blah ?

Maniq30 Wed 22-Jul-15 07:30:30

Hi i like to join in. I want to lose at least 40lbs...

postmanpatscat Wed 22-Jul-15 08:21:01

I wanted to lose another 6lbs before going on hols on 1st August but it's not shifted so far this week. I use mfp and have been using Nutribullet plus high protein snacks.

AnyoneForTennis Wed 22-Jul-15 08:43:01

Have previously lost 5 stone low carbing but yes,marathon training meant j had to start eating them again! So now trying to cut down again

So it's clean eating and I've acquired a nutribullet so will start making smoothies for post workout

Exercise wise I will run.go to bootcamp when work rota allows and I'll make use of my cross trainer. Also, need to dig out all my exercise dvd's

postmanpatscat Wed 22-Jul-15 11:01:29

So far I've had my breakfast smoothie (kale, coconut milk, peach, banana and supergreens powder) and I've spent an hour cooking butternut squash and sweet potato soup, and vegetarian curry. I should be able to stay out of the kitchen for a while now. I'd go for a run but have DSD staying and I don't have my usual school holiday freedom.

PickaPengy Wed 22-Jul-15 11:15:20

I would love to join! I have a binge eating problem too. Have about 12lbs to lose and desperately want to wear more of my clothes in my wardrobe. Going swimming tomorrow for the first time in about 6 years to ramp up my exercise levels.

AnyoneForTennis Wed 22-Jul-15 18:18:06

I've done ok all week... Today is DS birthday. Hoping nobody suggests Chinese takeaway! I'm going to go make myself an egg salad, everyone else can have omelette/salad. Hopefully I'll get away with it

Had infused water ( lemon/lime/mint) to drink in work

Saracarbonera Wed 22-Jul-15 18:25:33

Hi can I also join in? I have 12 kilos to loose, which is just over 1.5 stone. Have been healthy eating since Monday. My problem is motivation and carbs. If I want to loose weight I need to cut down. It's that simple.

SlayZ Wed 22-Jul-15 20:28:38

Welcome everyone!!!

How was everyones first day?

I weighed myself. 65.9kg. 57 is my goal due to height. 55would be amazing but unrealistic.

Today was bad for me. I are 5 packs of go ahead, some sweets and 3 x rocky road portions. Tomorrow...

Hazchem Wed 22-Jul-15 23:30:35

Doing ok so far. In going to record everything in mfp for one week. And as a reward for that I shall buy some new bb cream that I've been hankering after.
Anyone else got some rewards planned?
I'm getting a new hand bag when I get to 110 kilos.

BollockyBollocks Wed 22-Jul-15 23:35:08

Can I join? Started a thread today as I've got 6 weeks until my wedding and I'm a fat fuck.
I know I can't solve it in 6 weeks but I need to do as much as possible

postmanpatscat Thu 23-Jul-15 06:37:26

4 mile run last night, lots of clean eating and i'm about to step on the scales.

ijustwanttobeme Thu 23-Jul-15 13:04:59

So I am now walking to work, so have done 1 1/2 miles this morning.

Am LC ing, so for breakfast I had a 1/4 pack of an Italian salami and cheese selection. It worked for me when I was on bootcamp, so am hoping it'll work this time round too.

My motivation is our holiday booked for 24/8amd the fact that I tried a dress on yesterday that fitted me perfectly in all the right places, when I bought it a couple of months ago. Now it's too tight ....

AnyoneForTennis Thu 23-Jul-15 15:06:15

I'm feeling the fear of stepping on the scales. Using mfp and coming in under calorie allowance each day.... Just!

It's nearing end of the month so my shopping is tending to be a bit carb heavy in order to afford to feed everyone!

Hazchem Mon 27-Jul-15 01:44:50

How did you all go over the weekend? I managed to keep mfp up to date all weekend. In fact I updated in Sunday and managed not to have an extra evening snack as I knew I was well overt daily allowance. While that doesn't sound much it was a bit of a moment for me.
Also had a long chat with oh and have a bit of plan to get me feeling a bit better physically.

ijustwanttobeme Mon 27-Jul-15 07:31:17

Stuck to my lc as much as possible.. Easier on Saturday as had a bbq so lots of meats and salad.

Yesterday was also good.

I've gott a RL diet buddy now - Someone who always hovers by me when I open the fridge to snack And looks at me with her big brown sorrowful eyes- yes our (well actually DSS's), ten year old staffie Lily ....

As she's putting on weight, I'm resolved to not snack (and share bits with her), so a win win situation for us both smile

postmanpatscat Mon 27-Jul-15 12:15:28

I'm not doing so well and go away in five days <wail> I keep regaining the weight I've just lost. I ate out on Thursday and Friday last week which didn't help. Yesterday I ran five miles and aim to run every day this week. Food wise, there's just me and the Nutribullet this week now that I'm in panic mode.

PickaPengy Mon 27-Jul-15 17:02:40

Slow progress so far - have lost a pound. I get so impatient with weight loss even though I know this is the worst possible approach.

Went to supermarket today with a strict list to stop me from being tempted by junk food etc. Didn't even dare to walk down the crisp aisle!

Considering buying a Nutribullet now after reading that so many of you have got one. It's one easy way to stuff those veggies and fruit in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now