Talk

Advanced search

ATTENTION: Motivation and Top Tips Required!!!

(23 Posts)
Demented Fri 07-May-04 00:03:50

As some of you may know I have decided not to send out motivational emails en mass. Due to some members not wanting me to reply to their email address and also not having ever attended any weightloss group I am very wary of dishing out my own advice.

So I hand it over to you to provide some motivation. One or two of our members are flagging just now and need your tips!!! Get posting them now!!!

Lisa78 Fri 07-May-04 09:26:51

Walk walk and walk
It works for me, the weeks I walk a lot, I lose 2 or 3 pounds, the weeks I don't, I lose half or one pound

Walk walk walk - its nice weather now generally and its good for the little ones to get some fresh air too

Demented Sat 08-May-04 22:26:35

Anyone else?

Lisa78 Sat 08-May-04 22:29:35

walk walk and walk!!!

Chocolate cravings - I have a cup of cadburys highlights which is only 1 point
And sugar cravings - lots of ice lollies in the supermarkets now, at only 1 point or less - even some of the solero's are only 1 point

Jennisaurus Sat 08-May-04 23:38:44

Sugar free jelly gives me my sugar fix.

Don't snack after your evening meal.

Do cardio excercise in 10 minutes slots throughout the day, its really quick and easy.

Low fat cheese! Taste just as nice, and well is low fat.

froot Sun 09-May-04 10:51:21

message withdrawn

StripyMouse Sun 09-May-04 11:11:12

To avoid snacking/continuing eating after a meal, have some sugar free mints/chewing gum to hand as most food taste yuck after a mint and so puts you off going back to the fridge - brushing teeth straight after meal works too.
Biggest tip my mum ever gave me was that if you don’t buy it then you can’t eat it - as in shop carefully, when not hungry and feeling "strong" and then you will be ok (until my sister turns up with a tub of Haagen Daz, bad girl )

JeniN Mon 10-May-04 10:11:15

Keep thinking about my long term goal, not the instant gratification of over-eating...remind myself it won't make me feel any better in the long run.

Freeze Muller light yoghurts instead of ice cream.

Get out walking or cycling whenever I can - improves my mood too.

Sonnet Tue 18-May-04 14:16:48

Echo the walk walk walk.....
and just look at this weather...fantastic!

coddycodcod Tue 18-May-04 14:19:24

if you dont fancy a carrot.... (after me gals)

YOU ARE NOT REALLY HUNGRY!!

also
"nothing tastes as good as bening slim feels

thats IS true

coddycodcod Tue 18-May-04 14:20:21

Oh and imagine someone realyl fanciable ( George clooney works for me) hoovering up half eaten suasages after the kids tea

and then think what a saddo I am

coddycodcod Tue 18-May-04 14:29:52

him watching you hoovering it up

Sonnet Tue 18-May-04 14:40:47

roflol - coddy you are MAD.
Skunks of muttering "carrots carrots....

roisin Tue 18-May-04 14:54:51

There are no carrots left in the house now! What do I do?

Sonnet Tue 18-May-04 15:53:41

dry rice cakes?...hmm that dry card board taste, you have to be starving!!

coddycodcod Tue 18-May-04 16:17:49

it is true though

also get a huge tub of raisins and eat a handful fro a sweetness fix

gothicmama Tue 18-May-04 16:53:34

Keep trying on the outfit you want to fit in too again it is motivational to see how much less tight it is or even hoe much closer the buttons are together!!!

marthamoo Tue 18-May-04 16:57:13

Find a photo of yourself when you were slim and stick it on the fridge door. I haven't actualy done this but I might...for those late night snack attack moments!

marthamoo Tue 18-May-04 16:58:40

Boots Shapers Double Choc bars (a bit like a small chocolate Milky Way) are only 1.5 points. Only buy one at a time though.

Grommit Tue 18-May-04 17:01:55

drink loads of water to fill up - or diet coke for a sweet fix. Chew on celery until your jaws are so tired you cannot be bothered to eat any more

fairydust Tue 18-May-04 22:19:35

muller light yogs in kids ice lolly contianers taste great frozen and take ages to eat

Lisa78 Fri 21-May-04 21:16:56

But I never reach the stage where I cannot be bothered to eat anymore! I don't know what that stage is

MadameButterfly Fri 21-May-04 21:31:51

I agree with gothicmama. I tried on a size 14 dress yesterday. It was tight but I could get it done up. It has given me the motivation to aim to get into it properly for my holiday in 12 weeks time.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »