Talk

Advanced search

Quitting sugar - Keeping up will power on holiday??

(4 Posts)
TwentyTwenty Sat 11-Jul-15 18:21:33

How do you do it? I am on Week 3 and 1/2 of the Sarah Wilson IQS book and been doing brilliantly so far, not cheating at all and was really enjoying how I was feeling, not craving sugar. When I started I had about half a stone to lose and had lost about 3-4 pounds and feeling good about it! Now on day 2 of a holiday and already had 2 digestives, huge pizza and a slice of cake... I hadn't realised how much I associated holiday with 'treats' and it doesn't feel like a holiday constantly turning stuff down. Also eating out more and not cooking much makes it harder. But now my clothes are starting to feel tighter already :-(

Any suggestions??

DansonslaCapucine Sat 11-Jul-15 18:26:27

Well, you have options:

Make holidays a time for treats.

Or:

Keep going with the no sugar thing.

I've been low carbing for about two and a half years. I've been super strict on holiday and I've let it all go. I always go back to being strict at home because I prefer to live that way.

What I don't do is stress about it. smile

TwentyTwenty Sat 11-Jul-15 22:06:09

Thanks - good advice about not stressing. When you are strict on hol, does it still feel like a holiday??

DansonslaCapucine Sat 11-Jul-15 22:41:32

Yes, still fun. I find you can get salads anywhere - safe fall back option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now