Talk

Advanced search

Weight loss hypnotherapy app

(71 Posts)
CatthiefKeith Wed 08-Jul-15 08:39:46

Easyloss.

You listen to a 25 min recording per day, and it teaches to you rethink your eating, plus gives you reminders to drink water and has lots of tips.

Has anyone tried it? I downloaded it (£4.99) on Monday and have lost 2 pounds, but will keep you updated on whether or not it was a fluke if anyone is interested?

OP’s posts: |
Dollydewdrop21 Thu 09-Jul-15 06:40:36

yes please! How is it going, any good?

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Thu 09-Jul-15 06:51:53

I did. It was great. Lost about a stone with no hardship at all. I didn't have much to lose so have stopped and never did session 2 so do slip back sometimes but usually just remind myself of the guidelines and I'm back on track.

CatthiefKeith Thu 09-Jul-15 10:21:01

I haven't yet managed to listen to the full 25 minutes, I have been so relaxed by the recording each time that I have gone straight to sleep! blush

I have however found that the 'only eat when you are hungry, and stop eating when you have had enough' message seems to have sunk in, presumably in my sleep. I left 1/4 of a steak last night, whereas usually I would force it down because it was expensive and I am greedy.

I am 3lb lighter than I was on Monday morning, despite being due on, which normally sees me gain a couple of pounds. confused

Will update again in a few days Dolly, if you are still interested?

Dollydewdrop21 Thu 09-Jul-15 16:39:08

That would be great. Thank you.

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Thu 09-Jul-15 19:05:30

Have you joined the Facebook group? These comments come up all the time on there, it doesn't matter if you fall asleep - still works.

CatthiefKeith Thu 09-Jul-15 20:36:06

Yes, joined the Facebook group. It seems to be working, I left half my sandwich at lunchtime. This is unprecedented.

Surely it can't be this easy? Listen to melodious voiced Sue in your sleep and stop being a greedy bastard? grin

headlesslambrini Thu 09-Jul-15 20:39:54

Dont mind me - Just marking my place!

MagpieCursedTea Thu 09-Jul-15 20:49:48

After reading this thread earlier, I downloaded the app! I found the session very relaxing. I really struggle with food (binge eating disorder and a history of bulimia) so it's a big problem for me and I'm not expecting miracles. Just hoping for something to help me start thinking about food in a different way.

zeddybrek Thu 09-Jul-15 21:05:06

Just got the app too after reading this! It reminded me how 10 years ago I lost just over 2 stones listening to Paul Mckennas I can make you thin CD. Hopefully this will work too!

CatthiefKeith Thu 09-Jul-15 21:13:22

Oh bloody hell. Hope it works for you both, will feel terrible if it turns out to be a load of old woo and you've wasted your money.shock

MagpieCursedTea Thu 09-Jul-15 21:46:31

Lol no pressure!
Just the fact that it helped me feel relaxed for a little bit is worth it for me smile

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Thu 09-Jul-15 22:00:32

I think it genuinely is that easy!

CatthiefKeith Thu 09-Jul-15 22:11:42

I'm off to bed with the app now. I've just weighed myself and only weigh 1lb more than I did at 6am. I usually weight 2/3lb heavier by bedtime so we shall see what the morning brings. smile

GrumpyOldBiddy2 Fri 10-Jul-15 06:03:46

With me the constant weighing lasted about a fortnight, then I went down to every few days or once a week. Now my scales have run out of charge so I need to buy a new battery. I know I'm not back where k was but I'm not so on track any more

CatthiefKeith Fri 10-Jul-15 06:27:08

I'm 1lb lighter this morning! smile

I actually made the whole recording last night, possibly because I had a couple of incoming text messages while I was listening.

As an added bonus, I have been going to sleep early because the app sends me straight to sleep, and I'm not having one last tea of mumsnet. I am waking early full of beans. That may be because I am drinking more water and eating less stodgy food, or a combination of all three, but it is a very welcome side effect.

I am very aware though that it is early days, I always do well with weight loss for the first week or two and then start to slide so I am trying to keep an open mind.

For now though, the app is bloody amazing. And a damn sight cheaper than most diets. I have the bikini body app, I'm going to give it a few weeks and then am considering downloading their virtual gastric band app to go alongside it.

CatthiefKeith Fri 10-Jul-15 06:28:56

Zeddy and Magpie, how are you finding it?

MagpieCursedTea Fri 10-Jul-15 08:34:45

It's the virtual gastric band app I've got. I certainly drank more water yesterday and I think taking pictures of what I eat for the food diary is helping make me more conscious.

Day 2 has two hypnosis sessions. One says bedtime version, I'm not sure if I just do one or both? I listened to the exercise motivation one last night.

CatthiefKeith Sat 11-Jul-15 21:12:07

Fell off the wagon a bit last night, consumed almost a whole bottle of wine.blush

Ordinarily I would have been scoffing carbs all day today, but I haven't craved them at all, and still weigh tonight the same as I did this morning so hopefully I haven't done too much damage after all! smile

MagpieCursedTea Sat 11-Jul-15 21:30:19

I'm sure the occasional bottle glass of wine is fine grin
My appetite has been much lower today, I'm not sure if it's the heat or the hypnosis but it's good!
I did have a swift half in the pub earlier though!

CatthiefKeith Mon 13-Jul-15 20:51:53

Right, well, Saturday was fine, yesterday not so well. Dh's first day off in three months.

We went for a walk along the beach, stopped for a pint at a pub, went to a different pub for Sunday lunch (I didn't eat it all) then mil offered to have dd so we could go out for a few drinks together. Came home and had pizza blush

Got on the scales tonight and weigh exactly what I did yesterday morning! shock

Was fully expecting a 2/3lb gain, if nothing else from alcohol bloat. Will find out in the morning whether I really have got away with it. Fingers crossed!

CatthiefKeith Tue 14-Jul-15 08:30:15

I haven't put any back on, which is all I could hope for. smile

All in, 5lb loss in a week. That's good enough for me. smilesmile

MagpieCursedTea Tue 14-Jul-15 09:12:45

That's fantastic, well done! smile
I'm going to weigh in tomorrow, I'll report back.

CastielsClevererBetterSister Tue 14-Jul-15 20:43:40

magpie you sound a bit like me so I'm really interested to see if it works for you. I need something that stops me thinking about food!

zeddybrek Tue 14-Jul-15 23:16:39

4 days in and 1lb lighter! I am definitely more aware of my hunger levels and not just eating cause food is there. Feeling positive smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in