Talk

Advanced search

Herbalife?

(13 Posts)
NobleLocks Mon 06-Jul-15 14:04:58

Has Anyone ever done this? I was doing slimming world but I found it very tedious so am wondering whether to try this

lilacblossomtime Mon 06-Jul-15 14:51:59

Funnily enough I talked to someone who is training as a consultant today. She said it is very good, but quite expensive.

MishMooshAndMogwai Mon 06-Jul-15 14:59:53

My friend has had great success with it and undergone a complete change in lifestyle as a result. She looks and feels so much better for it and 100% wouldn't have had the success without herbalife.

I, however, have tried them twice and completely lack the discipline! I did ok the first time and lost a bit of weight but didn't have the time or energy to exercise properly with it that held me back. The second time I got pregnant within a few weeks of doing it! Planning to go back to it after dc is born but I need to look into how it effects breastfeeding.

It's worth a try but like all these things needs effort and commitment, it's no quick fix!

SunnyBaudelaire Mon 06-Jul-15 15:06:10

if you read the small print with herbalife, you will see that as well as taking their pills, drinks etc., to lose weight, you must also 'restrict your calorie intake to 800 calories' or something like that.
Well if you did that you would lose weight anyway without having to take their weird products wouldn't you?

PurpleDaisies Mon 06-Jul-15 15:14:21

As soon as you return to eating normally all the weight will go back on again. Slimming world might be tedious but it is much more sensible in the long run. Or save your money and do the 800 calorie diet without bothering with the supplements.

lilacblossomtime Mon 06-Jul-15 15:26:56

The supplements make it healthier to stick to a very low calorie level (it still has some health risks, but much safer than doing 800 calories of normal food without suppliments, as you will find it hard to get proper nutrients at this level of calories, also you get some support i think from your counsellor.

NobleLocks Mon 06-Jul-15 20:00:26

I guess I can give it a go smile

LibrariesGaveUsPower Mon 06-Jul-15 20:13:11

Just do slim fast if you must. Same idea much cheaper.

lilacblossomtime Mon 06-Jul-15 21:17:26

I would look at it carefully and see if it is worth the money to you. Also consider why you thought SW is tedious. I think herbalife would be a restrictive diet although I have not tried it.

AggressiveBunting Tue 07-Jul-15 07:03:17

I would avoid anything that is sold via an MLM. I never met a decent value product that was sold that way. Forever Living is another big pile of MLM wank.

Greatdomestic Tue 07-Jul-15 13:28:57

I did herbalife back in the 80's and saw it as a short term solution, as it was quite expensive then.

I wasn't a fan of all the tablets you needed to take that other meal replacement plans don't require you to do.

NobleLocks Tue 07-Jul-15 13:57:05

I think might avoid it although I've found it cheaper through the web that a rep confused

lilacblossomtime Tue 07-Jul-15 14:04:00

I have been looking into this recently. If you are keen to do a meal replacement very low cal diet Exante is good value. It is very restrictive though you either do a limited range of products like soups, shakes bars and simple ready meals (a lot of people say the products are not that nice, but some like them)or add one small low carb meal a day. Weight loss is pretty quick on these diets but they are super strict.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now