Talk

Advanced search

You can all do it, I am no longer overweight!

(9 Posts)
Cumberlover76 Fri 03-Jul-15 14:18:17

Just wanted to share and to encourage all of those who are trying to loose weight. Today my BMI dropped to 24.8 so I am no longer officially overweight!

My BMI was 29.7 when i started in January and i weighed 86kg at 170cm. I now weigh 71.9kg, i've dropped from an 16/18 to a size 12. I did it by religiously using MFP on 1200 calories (but eating exercise cals) for about 3 months and after that I have been so much more aware of what i eat. Both DH and I have changed our eating habits and have hugely cut down on the booze this year plus really increased exercise. I'm 40 next year and really happy that i've managed to shift the excess weight that has been hanging around for too long.

So for all of you struggling with it, stick to it, with determination you can do it, it's only taken me 6 months to loose just over 2 stone and it's a huge difference to my life.

FoodieMum3 Fri 03-Jul-15 16:09:56

Well done Op flowers

Now for the hard part, keeping it off. The hard work does not end here. I've found that exercise is vital in keeping it off.

Again, well done!

Zazzabeans Fri 03-Jul-15 16:31:23

Wow op . Well done smile
Eating excercise calories? Does that mean if you burned 300 cals, you ate an extra 300 ?

What were you eating to keep you from snacking ?
I'm really struggling.

Cumberlover76 Fri 03-Jul-15 19:32:22

Thanks. I think beacause we have changed our lifestyle a fair bit keeping it off will be ok. It was down to a fair bit of drinking that i put it on i think.

I'd pretty much eat the same thing every week day, so porridge with almond milk and prunes for breakfast, 2 rice cakes with peanut butter and sliced banana mid morning snack, lunch of soup or something around 200/300 cals , apple and maybe some blueberry's in the afternoon and dinner around 500 cals. I have been exercising most days so when putting that into mfp I ensured my net was around 1200, so if I did 300 cals burnt in the gym, I could have a couple of choc biscuits in the evening. I always over estimated the cals I are and under estimated the ones I burnt.

Still a bit to go but very happy smile

DownWithThisTypeOfThing Thu 09-Jul-15 17:21:55

Love success stories - gives me a glow.

Got to admit the thought of being fat and forty has been lingering in my mind. Hopefully it'll not be a reality.

twgal Thu 09-Jul-15 17:30:52

Congrats! I'm impressed. I'd love to lose 10 kilos total but just started... I'm turning 40 end of August, so hope to shed 5 by then!

bryte Thu 09-Jul-15 17:43:25

Well done. That is encouraging to hear. I've just started using MFP again as awareness of everything I eat seems to be the only thing that works for me.

carlajean Thu 09-Jul-15 22:59:53

well done, it's good to hear a success story, thanks for sharing

popcornpaws Fri 10-Jul-15 00:04:53

Well done!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now