Talk

Advanced search

Please help me do a LTB on my huge belly

(5 Posts)
springlamb Thu 02-Jul-15 09:25:41

I must do something about my belly. It's gross.
My thighs are fine, my arms are fine and no discernible bingo wings, my face and neck are ok - double chin if I gurn. Never carried an ounce on my bum it's more concave than anything else! Feet and ankles are skinny. I have small wrists.
I have inherited huge breasts from my dad's side of the family. If I lose weight they don't decrease - so I have no wish for a size 8 figure with 42 inch chest, I feel too self conscious for that.
But this belly is awful now. I've had 2 c-sections in the dim and distant past, I'm perimenopausal, I've been lazy I know. This belly at its fattest point is now 41 inches. Paradoxically, I can feel my rib cage under my breasts.
Any suggestions for eating plans/exercise plans that will target this area.

flanjabelle Thu 02-Jul-15 09:28:07

Sorry to tell you, but you can't remove fat from single areas without liposuction.

Less calories in than out and you will generally lose fat. It's up to the body where it decides to go from.

I have lost 30lb using myfitnesspal, I still have a way to go and it's the belly fat that is being stubborn. I will just keep losing until it goes!

Lottapianos Thu 02-Jul-15 09:33:34

Agree with flanjabelle - you need to lose weight all over. You can do exercises to tone your abdomen, but can't lose weight only from there. I had a fairly enormous gut a few years ago which has all but disappeared, and here's what worked for me:

- portion control and healthy eating, eat real food, cut out processed food, cook from scratch, eat plenty of fruit and veg
- no processed sugar during the week - no choc, biscuits, cakes, alcohol, fizzy drinks, sweets or processed food - I have a very sweet tooth so have cake and wine in moderate amounts at weekends. Some people find it easier to just cut out sugar altogether. But basically, the message is - cut way back on sugar
- increase your exercise. For me, this was walking and running. I walk 2-3 miles most days at a pretty fast pace, and have built up to running between 5 and 10k 3 times a week
- excellent exercise DVD for the abs - 'Blast Off Belly Fat' from 10 Minute Solutions. Its tough and you won't be able to do all of it at first but do as much as you can and stick with it, 3-4 times a week

Good luck. Getting healthier will make you feel great about yourself

lilacblossomtime Thu 02-Jul-15 17:12:35

Is it definitely fat? I mean you have been overeating and so on? If so you are quite unlucky as that is the unhealthiest place to carry your fat. But I like the slogan LTB!
The best thing to do is start on whatever diet suits you asap. Ok you may lose weight from other areas too, but it will come off your belly and you will be and feel healthier as well as looking better.

springlamb Thu 02-Jul-15 19:30:04

Sorry, I forgoti'd started this, and the day took over.
Yes, it's definitely fat and I know you're all right really and I just need to bite the bullet, accept I shall spend the summer looking like Mrs Potato Head as arms and legs get even skinnier, and get on with it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now