Talk

Advanced search

Alli Tablets

(15 Posts)
PushAPushPop Wed 01-Jul-15 11:14:04

I finally realised last week how big I had become in just a year, after digging some of last summer's clothes out for this lovely weather... Nothing fits sad

On a whim, I ordered some of those Alli tablets at the weekend. They haven't arrived as yet but since I ordered them, I decided to keep my diet low fat, so as not to have any vile side-effects when I did start them.

I am doing really well! shock I don't even know if I'll bother taking them now (although their threat is still there if need's be!) but I'm feeling so positive at the moment.

It's kind of nice to know they're there if I begin to relapse, but seriously the thought of those side effects are so horrifying, I think this is what is keeping me on course.

I'm 12st 2lb and 5'4 and would love to get back to 10.7. Anyone else tried Alli?

PushAPushPop Wed 01-Jul-15 11:22:45

They have literally just arrived... I don't know if I dare take one.

Milllii Wed 01-Jul-15 14:47:46

Anal leakage would put ne off sad

Figster Wed 01-Jul-15 17:29:38

Yup all I know about them is the Anal leakage stuff .......that's all i need to know I wouldn't use them personally.

What about adios instead?

EllaBella1 Wed 01-Jul-15 18:05:56

I have used them before and unless your diet is horrific you will be fine. The orange oil confused is only when you have been really bad but normally if you were slightly bad its tummy cramps.

I used them at the start of my weight loss and they kept me on tracks and I lost weight with them. They aren't a miracle cure but with healthy diet and exercise they help the weight loss

Dizzywizz Wed 01-Jul-15 19:53:40

I'm starting orlistat which is the prescription version - starting low fat as of tomorrow and then will start the tablets next week as I read its best to start the diet first. Am a bit scared though!!

PushAPushPop Thu 02-Jul-15 05:52:55

Thanks all.

Yes I was also told that the orange oily stuff only appeared if you broke the rules and ate something more fatty than you should, otherwise things would be ok!

Anyway, I continued to eat healthy yesterday so didn't take any... They're in the cupboard though and I will start them if I start fancying something I shouldn't.grin

PushAPushPop Thu 02-Jul-15 05:55:42

Dizzywhizz this is what I was told, to start the diet well before the tablets or they would start to work on whatever was left inside <yuk!>

How much are you hoping to lose, if you don't mind me asking? Just wondered how easy it was to get them off your dr; I might have saved myself £40 thereshock

Dizzywizz Thu 02-Jul-15 08:34:47

I need to lose 2-3 stone, though I managed to lose 10lbs overnight - looks like my scales were weighing me incorrectly!

I did need yo push a bit to get them, and past being spoken to condescendenly about trying ww or sw. It helped that I am on drugs For my MS that put weight on, but i did leave the Drs feeling a bit upset. I am looking forward to starting the tabs though!

PushAPushPop Thu 02-Jul-15 09:06:24

Hope they work for you, I think I will start at the weekend before I'm tempted to order a takeaway

Dizzywizz Thu 02-Jul-15 09:28:38

I'm worried about takeaways! A regular weekly treat here. I think def no pizza, but chinese I think something without sauce - maybe a foo yung dish - and curry wise then perhaps plainish chicken tikka.

PushAPushPop Mon 06-Jul-15 18:35:07

Dizzy how is your weight loss going and have you taken any of your tablets yet?!

I still haven't taken any but, aside from a couple of glasses bottles of wine over the weekend my fat intake has been below 10g every day since last Monday (been using the MyNetDiary app. -it's really useful).

Going to wait another week before weighing myself thoughsmile

Dizzywizz Mon 06-Jul-15 21:06:28

Wow under 10g per day is really good. I started diet today and will start tabs Thursday.

I find it quite confusing though - I think it's everything has to be under 5% fat, or is it that each whole meal has to be?

pseudonymity Tue 07-Jul-15 13:31:36

I've got a good low fat chicken curry recipe if you want, it's from Nigel Slater. I use chicken breast pieces without skin, it's important to use whole milk yoghurt (not fat free) otherwise it separates (still a low fat recipe):

Baked chicken with yoghurt and spices

Spices and yoghurt is one of those combinations that works in so many ways; in a curry sauce, as a dressing for cooked poultry or, as here, in a marinade for chicken that is to be baked. I think this dish works best when the chicken skin is allowed to blacken a little on top. Some rice would be good here.

Serves 3

garlic - 3 large cloves

ginger - a large lump about 40g

cumin seeds - 2 tsp

cardamom - ½ tsp

hot chilli powder - 1 tsp

paprika - 2 tsp

ground turmeric - ½ tsp

200ml plain yoghurt

chicken pieces on the bone - 6 coriander leaves - a small handful

Set the oven at 180C/gas 4. Peel the garlic and chop it roughly. Peel the ginger and cut into thick slices then put into the food processor with the cumin seeds, cardamom, chilli and paprika, the turmeric, yoghurt, and a half-teaspoon of salt and a few generous grinds of black pepper.

Put the chicken in a bowl then tip the marinade over and leave for half an hour, if you have time. Tip into a roasting tin or baking dish and leave to bake for about 40-45 minutes till golden and slightly singed on top.

Check the chicken for doneness by piercing the flesh at its thickest part.

Dizzywizz Wed 08-Jul-15 08:52:44

Thanks - I was looking for a low fat chicken curry receipe yesterday, and gave up as they were all still too high! I've copied this one. Do you know the actual fat content?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now