Talk

Advanced search

That's it! I clearly cannot be trusted with a multipack.

(7 Posts)
WhenMarnieWasThere Mon 29-Jun-15 22:17:44

Sigh.

I can't be the only one. Too much temptation.

DarylDixonsDarlin Tue 30-Jun-15 19:43:20

Crisps? Kit kats? grinwhatever they are I'll eat them all grin I buy multipacks cos they're cheaper andtheyre supposedly for the DC, but I find it very very tempting.

WhenMarnieWasThere Wed 01-Jul-15 13:52:09

It was crumpets for me yesterday. 2 for breakfast, 2 for supper, 2 for... whatever. Whole packet gone.

And jaffa cakes... surely the serving suggestion is the whole packet.

ItsaTenfromDen Wed 01-Jul-15 13:55:13

yesterday involved three bags of crisps and three snickers :0

I really should not buy multipacks

DarylDixonsDarlin Wed 01-Jul-15 19:25:48

Mind you, anything in my cupboards which was coated in chocolate was melting yesterday, so they're better off eaten than spoiled - but I did stick to just one two-finger kit Kat only! And none at all today, just one pack of Baked crisps this morning <yay> but technically they could have been breakfast blush

It's something I find really hard about being at home all day with the DC - food constantly available and I always seem to be making food/serving snacks, or bloody grocery shopping! Breakfasts, then they want fruit chopping up, then a mid morning snack, then a drink, maybe more fruit, then they're moaning for lunch by 12 sharp, then possibly more fruit, another drink, then a mid afternoon snack, then prep and cook dinner, then they're asking for pudding, another drink, they usually get bored of asking and help themselves to fruit, its just non stop x3 all day long! I don't think they eat for fun and they do seem genuinely hungry, and they're all thin as rakes! confused

WhenMarnieWasThere Wed 01-Jul-15 19:42:16

I'm normally out at work, but find it harder when I'm at home at the weekends and in the school holidays. At work (I'm a teacher) I'm happy to get ready, go to work without breakfast, have salad for lunch and not think about food or snacks until dinner time.

The school holidays (and now as I'm signed off work after having had a hip operation) it's a whole different ball-game. The kitchen is just there the whole time. Too easy to just grab something without thinking about it.

helenahandbag Thu 02-Jul-15 10:45:33

A box of Jaffa Cakes is absolutely a single serving.

I can't have multipacks of anything in the house, even boring things like granola bars. I can't even buy the lovely maple and pecan crunch cereal that I like because I once ate five bowls in a day.

and we won't mention the whole brioche loaf demolished with Nutella over the course of a weekend

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now