Talk

Advanced search

2.5 stone to lose after pregnancy.....

(3 Posts)
Rebecca1608 Mon 29-Jun-15 20:01:58

I had my twins almost 5 weeks ago and have put on 2 and a half stone. Taking me from a size 10 to a 14. I'm desperate to get rid of the extra weight although i know it won't be easy. I walk miles with the pram but at the moment my diet is shit i eat food that is convinient usually junk snacks but now little ones sleep better i've got more time to prepare meals for myself so any diet tips or recommended diets?

CheshireSplat Mon 29-Jun-15 20:06:39

Hi Rebecca. Congratulations on your twins! You must be exhausted. Are you really ready to think about losing weight?

I had DD2 in November. I didn't bf after the first two weeks, so started consciously losing weight on 1 January. I'm now back to my pre-pregnancy weight - not sure how much I lost because I had given up weighing myself, but it was about 2 stone. The first stone fell off before January, but for the second I did the 5:2 diet. It doesn't suit everyone, but I loved it because I didn't have to plan special meals, or in fact even worry about dieting for 5 of the days a week. It can be modified if you're bfing (1000 cals on the 2 days, rather than 500). The 5:2 threads on that part of the site were invaluable - they are such a friendly bunch, so that may be worth thinking about.

But go easy on yourself - 5 weeks isn't long, especially with 2!!!!

Rebecca1608 Mon 29-Jun-15 21:44:54

Thanks for your reply. I am ready to start losing weight. It's my birthday in August and i'm going away so i'd like to feel nice and look nice. Obviously i'm not expecting to lose the lot by then maybe a few lbs would be nice. I've heard good things about the 5:2 diet so i'll have a look. Thanks smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now