Talk

Advanced search

Exante diet

(17 Posts)
cuntyMcCunterson Thu 18-Jun-15 18:54:06

Does anyone have any experience of this diet? From what I can see it's along the same lines as the Cambridge diet but without the consultant and it's much much cheaper. Could this work?

Baies Fri 19-Jun-15 12:49:09

It's lots cheaper and it works. I use it from time to time when I want to drop 10lbs quickly ( I'm towards the top end of my BMI ) and I lose that weight within about 8 days or so. That's not bad considering I'm not officially overweight

The products taste fine, it's cheap and delivery is excellent

cuntyMcCunterson Fri 19-Jun-15 13:24:35

Thanks, I bit the bucket and ordered a 4 week supply. Hopefully it will work for me and I'll lose some pounds over the 4 weeks

Howhardcanitbe Sat 20-Jun-15 19:39:29

I'm starting it tomorrow, just got 2 weeks' worth to start with to see how I get on. Wanting to lose about 11lbs or so. When are you starting?

BackInTheRealWorld Sat 20-Jun-15 19:41:36

I've done it, it works. And it's cheaper than eating unlike lighter life! Bonus!

cuntyMcCunterson Sat 20-Jun-15 19:44:14

I started on Friday, today is harder than yesterday, got a bit of a sore head and feel starving! Water is definitely getting me through the day!
I'm wanting to shift about 4st and from the Exante forum it seemed this is doable.
Good luck with yours

LogonMounstuart Sun 21-Jun-15 15:35:59

Be vigilant with the products I bought a months supply. One flavour bars went out of date within days. Customer services couldn't have been less helpful. They said I should have just eaten all of that flavour bars for all meals each day to eat them before they went out of date. I am lucky I didn't get ill as I ate some before I noticed they were short dated.

It's cheap for a reason. If you can afford it then Cambridge has better products and much better service.

cuntyMcCunterson Mon 22-Jun-15 22:36:49

I checked through my order and thankfully it was all in date and most things had really long dates on them, I'll keep an eye out for this though for my next batches.
I really cannot justify the £184pm the Cambridge consultant quoted so I'm trying this.
So far so good, I was curious if I'd lost any weight tonight and I'm 8lb down so hopefully I can keep at it and it will be worth it.

curlingandtwirling Tue 23-Jun-15 08:55:49

I did this last year and lost 2 stone in 9 weeks! I've put 8 lbs back on so just doing a few weeks to see if I can shift that!
I've eaten packs that were months past their expiry! Check out the forums on Facebook.
Takes a week or so to get used to the products, but once you find your favourites, it's really easy and I can honestly say I have never felt hungry!
Good luck!

cuntyMcCunterson Tue 23-Jun-15 16:22:24

2st in 9weeks I hope that I can mirror that!!
Brilliant that you've kept the majority off, have you found that part hard?

Howhardcanitbe Wed 24-Jun-15 16:09:17

How's it going cunty? I was really struggling last night and very nearly packed it in, but I decided I'd see how I felt this morning. Woke up feeling shocking - no energy at all, and a bit light headed and unsteady. But I had my shake and started to feel better, and the rest of the day hasn't been too bad. Glad I stuck with it.

Howhardcanitbe Wed 24-Jun-15 16:14:12

8lbs down already is pretty impressive!!

cuntyMcCunterson Wed 24-Jun-15 16:42:55

I'm back on it today after the birthday cheat-actually felt ill after eating a meal even after making sensible choices!!
Today I've got a sore head again I'm sure that will pass once I get back into again.
Well done for sticking with the plan, I've had a couple of rough days (thanks to shift work) and really had to power through when all I really wanted was a fry up

lemonstartree Wed 24-Jun-15 18:50:38

I have been doing this for 9 days and have lost 8 lbs so far,I like the shakes and the bars and today is the first day I have been. Hungry. I'm amazed at how easy it is. I put in two orders, both arrived the next day, havnt checked sell by dates but wouldn't worry too much. Lots of offers on the web site too, so its not that expensive,

The ' real' Food is mixed IMO. found the beef casserole disgusting, but the noodles are quite palatable. DP said the piZza was nice.

I have about 2 stone to lose and feel really positive about this.

curlingandtwirling Thu 25-Jun-15 12:46:43

Fab results!

I have found it easy to keep most of the weight off, by having one or two days back on when I know I've been really naughty!

Remember to drink lots of water, it really helps.

Also, if you have chocolate shakes, mix them into a paste, roll into balls and cook in the oven! Makes little cake/biscuit type things, if you're tea n biscuit girl like me!

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 09-Jul-15 16:04:42

Ok, once I have a few weeks of the not drinking thing under my belt, I think I'll give Exante a try.
I lost loads with Cambridge a few years ago but just cannot justify the cost this time (even though the support and food was great). Instead of using their shakes, I plan to use my protein powder (same calories and quite filling) and a hair and nails supplement (Nourkrin), and just use it for possibly breakfast and dinner (long as the calories are around the 600-700 mark).
From experience with Cambridge I know this works smile Any products that are particularly good?

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 09-Jul-15 16:05:22

Plus beach in Australia in February is plenty of motivation!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now